Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
UAEthe13
My Device: PlayBook Etisalate
My Carrier: uae
Accepted Solution

p9982 Need Help

I've got my P9982 from London in 27th, Nov 2013. Went back to my country the second day "UAE". Wanted to use my New P9982, but DATA communication 2G, 3G and 4G is not working. So NO DATA, Only calls and SMS unless I am connected to WiFi,

On other hand, My old BB was Z30 10.2.0.429, and the new P9982 is 10.2.0.424 with no new updates. Therefore,  I could not transfer my data from Z30 to P9982, but I can mange without that as long as Data communication can be established over GSM(2G, 3G,4G).

I have switch the SIM to my old Z30 and data communication is working, I've called the service provider (Etisalat) and they could not help, I've posted the problem on the Blackberry support and twitter, but got no response yet

Any Help will be highly appreciated   

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UAEthe13

Re: p9982 Need Help

Oh will,,, NO help here.... but guys, when you by a p9982, be sure it is unlocked , as i think my problem is that My p9982 is locked to UK  :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UAEthe13

Re: p9982 Need Help

Dear all
* I made a complain to my service provider Etisalat UAE, complain # 100116
* I made a visit to Etisalat main offices.
* I've posted a help request in http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Porsche-Design-P-9982/bd-p/P9982
* I followed and twitted @BlackBerryHelp and @ME_BlackBerry
* I've send emails to help@blackberry.com INC000027197204 and INC000027200736
* I've request to help through http://www.porsche-design.com/
* I have called BlackBerry support in Canada +14169291800

No One Helped Me, What else should I DO.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Porschegts
My Device: P 9982
My Carrier: Local

Re: P 9982 Need Help

well this issue has been a an absolute disaster...picked up the handset from bin hendi last week thursday and it just does not connect to the data services...a zillion calls to etisalat blackberry and still no response...now the only response i get from the Blackberry Call Centre is "We are working on it " . Your ticket is open and we shall get abck to you ...I Fail to understand how cna they launch a device and if their is an issue not solve it atleast within 48 hours....It has been a very dissapointing experience and a company which is facing various issues to sustain should be pro active in solving the customer problem rather than having such messages posted ....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UAEthe13

Do you think that BlackBerry read what ever we post?

I hope, or at least someone read it before buying the P9982  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Porschegts

i really doubt they read it ....i keep calling Bin Hendi store daily and ask are you selling the hand sets and they say we have not stopped selling it as yet ...the best part was, i sent my office guy to their office in silicon oasis and they told thank you for showing the handset ..we know it is launched but have not seen the piece so we cannot take it physically for any checking ...i believe the call centre also go to know about this handset after we started calling them ....i do not understand what is the bloody use of launching it with so much of activity and the **bleep** thing does not work properly 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UAEthe13

I've got an answer from BlackBerry, its  a will known issue, they are working on it, the estimated time is a week from now with no promises , they asking to wait or to exchange or to return the P9982

My self, I appreciate the it and I will wait  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Porschegts

i guess the issue is solved..my device seems to work fine now...how about yours ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UAEthe13

No, Not yet.

What happend? is there an update? or it just worked?

I have tested it, and it is not working ,,, and there is no new update 

I am useing anthoer phone as hot spot, thats the only way i can use data with P9982.

I am Happy For You, Hope it keep working,,, 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Porschegts

hi,

I just put the sim and registered to BB network and it worked . I called BB to re confirm is the issue is sorted they said they have no update as yet ...Just hope it continues to work .

Please use plain text.