Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Scoreloop

Contributor
punto
My Carrier: movistar

What does the "Scoreloop UI" do exactly?

Hi.

The documentation on the Scoreloop UI says "Scoreloop provides ready-made Default UI for your game. That’s the quickest and simplest way to show key social activities in a game". However when I show the UI with the method SCUI_Client_ShowFavoriteGamesView all I get is a screen that says "<game name> is already one of your favorites". Is this the right behaviour? I was expecting a screen that whould show the leaderboards from my game, like on the iOS and Android versions of the library. What are the "key social activities" that I can show with it?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
whoang
My Carrier: BELL Canada

Re: What does the "Scoreloop UI" do exactly?

Hello @punto,

The SCUI_Client_ShowFavoriteGamesView method displays the favorites games view so that you are able to add the currently played game to the user session's top favorite.  

You may consider using SC_User_IsFavoriteGame() boolean return type method to determine if the current game has been already added to the user's favorite category or not.  

A successful addition of a game to the user's favorites would have a return value of SC_OK with the UI appearing shortly after.

The process of integrating the default UI may be found here:  https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/bb10/com.qnx.doc.scoreloop.lib_ref/topic/cores...

Scoreloop for BlackBerry is releasing more great in-game features so stay-tuned for more announcements.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

William Hoang

Application Developer Advocate | Developer Relations
BlackBerry

Please use plain text.
Contributor
punto
My Carrier: movistar

Hi, thanks for the reply

I read the documentation, but I still don't understand what it does exactly. What does it mean when a game is added as the user's favorite? Is that the only UI there is, the screen that makes the game a favorite? Is there an equivalent to the UI that shows the game's leaderboard, similar to GameCenter on iOS or the ScoreloopUI on Android?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
whoang
My Carrier: BELL Canada

[ Edited ]

Hello @punto,

BlackBerry 10 now has a designated "Games App" which is the central games hub where gaming activty feeds will be surfaced.  

Within the Games App, the user is able to add to the favorites section 3 top games and those games will be visible to the user's friends.  The 3 top games will persist within an user's profile and can be interchanged in the UI.    

Regarding questions on user interfaces, there will be additional Games App / Scoreloop announcements in the near future. Be sure to check out the latest BlackBerry unplugged blog/video on gaming - [2:10]  

Thanks,

William Hoang

Application Developer Advocate | Developer Relations
BlackBerry

Please use plain text.