Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Social Lounge

New Developer
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Cost involved in devleoping in-house apps

Hi there,

We are looking to develop in-house apps for staff only. Our company pprovide BB phones to staff.

Question (1): Like apples' iOS Developer Enterprise Program, is there a prgam that we need to register before we start app developement.  Is there any cost invloved to register? This app is internal to our company and we do not want to sell to public.

Question (2): When an employee leaves the company we do not want the app to function on their BB even if they installed it when they were working for us. Is it possible to block access or uninstall in-house app when an employee leaves the company?

Question(3): Where the app's are hosted?

Thanks,

Joe Green

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Cost involved in devleoping in-house apps

Welcome to the forums.

1) No costs, the tools are free to download and use.

2) There are a number of ways to do this you could write the app to register the unique BB ID or device ID or alternatively set up a company BES that limits the app to those registered users only.

3) The only current portal is BlackBerry World.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Developer
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

Since it is an in-house app, only meant for company staff, it won't go on BB App World.

Developer

You can place it in the App World and only make it available to sandbox accounts that you register, you would never need to publish it.
However I'd be very surprised if the BES server doesn't allow in-house app installation.
You would be better off asking that question in the BES forums as I have little experience in this area.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/businessforums