Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Social Lounge

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

Invention Ideas. Who do I contact?

I am not a developer nor an inventor. However, I am emotionally (and soon, financially) invested in the success of BlackBerry and I have a simple idea that would make BlackBerry the go to company for their products and services in a major industry. In fact, if this has not been thought of, we could be talking serious patents. Who do I email in this regard?

Sincerely,

Ayanda
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Invention Ideas. Who do I contact?

The first step would be to start the patent process for your idea under your own name or company and then contact BlackBerry.  Without doing this you will have little or no protection if someone else comes up with the same idea or steals it.

You can also do your own patent search to see if it is unique.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520 - 9300/20 - Torch - Bold - Galaxy S4 mini and FRANK-EN-PHONE!!!
My Carrier: O2

Yep.

Solid advice from BBSJdev. If your idea/invention is as potentially ground breaking as you believe it is then you should definitely submit it to your local patent office. I'm assuming you've already done the relevant research with regards your 'thingy-ma-bob'. Is it a totally new concept or an update/improvement on any existing 'thiny-ma-bob'?

The patent process is neither free or quick. So expect to pay, and to wait. But once submitted your 'thiny-ma-bob' will have "provisional" protection (patent pending status) which will prevent anyone else from submitting the same idea whilst extensive checks are made regarding your application.

Good luck.... (I'll accept 20% if it comes off btw) :Clap:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Olny two tihgns mtater wehn cmospnoig a BBm mssaege.... as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteres of a wrod are in the rghit pacle, the biarn wlil siltl rcoeginse the wrod... So mcuh for seplclhcek!!!"
New Contributor

Thank you BBSJDev and Blacksnake.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520 - 9300/20 - Torch - Bold - Galaxy S4 mini and FRANK-EN-PHONE!!!
My Carrier: O2

No probs bro...

Okay.... 15% and that's my final offer! :Innocent:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Olny two tihgns mtater wehn cmospnoig a BBm mssaege.... as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteres of a wrod are in the rghit pacle, the biarn wlil siltl rcoeginse the wrod... So mcuh for seplclhcek!!!"
New Contributor

Haha. Nice one.
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Alpha

work with a lawyer specializes in intellectural property will help

Click the Like button if you find my post useful and as a way to let me know someone actually read it.
New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]