Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

“909 Application authentication failure. HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized” while downloading Blackberry app to device

After signing and preparing the blackberry application build very properly, I uploaded the build to the server.

Now I try to download the application through my device using BB external browser.

If I click on the link it brings me to the download control, but on clicking the download button it pops up a dialog box telling download failed which further leads to a message:-

"909 Application authentication failure. HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized"

I got all the new keys and registered all the three keys. I tried preparing the build again but it is not helping. The problem is still there.  Signing process is completed properly.

Anybody faced the same issue!!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: “909 Application authentication failure. HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized” while downloading Blackberry app to device

HTTP 401 indicates an authentication issue with your web server.  Do the links to your COD files require authentication?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: “909 Application authentication failure. HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized” while downloading Blackberry app to device

[ Edited ]

Yes, the problem was with server side only. 

The server should provide authorization to download from the certain location (folder).