Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
My Device: Developer / Tester

9360 Simulator

The 9360 isn't touchscreen so why does the 9360 simulator not include simulations of the physical keys and track pad to aid UI navigation when testing with these simulators; trying to move the pointer using the arrow keys is awful...

In lieu of the trackpad simulation does anyone have any suggestions to make using these simulators less painful?

(although a less painful to use simulator wouldn't fully recreate the BB user experience :smileywink: )

Thanks,

James

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: 9360 Simulator

What you are using is a beta version of the simulator that was released before the actual BlackBerry Curve 9360 was announced.  Simulators with full skins of the device will be released soon.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
My Device: Developer / Tester

Great news thanks; ideally we'd like to evaluate our application before the release of OS 7 devices to market so usable simulators would be useful a little earlier than when the devices get to the market.

My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Understood.  This is a bit of a balancing act.  We want to release the simulators early so developers can test their applications, but can't show the full device until it's announced.

This was the compromise we took this time.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker