Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
takaya01
My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: bell canada

App not functioning on certain devices.

I submitted my app to the app store, and received a message back saying the app was not working on on the BlackBerry Smartphones 9900, 9360, 9300 and 852.  It does work on all the other devices. The place where the problem is occuring is where the app is trying to connect to the internet using HttpConnection.  The app performs the same logic regardless of device, and since it functions on all the other devices, I can only assume something is amiss with the devices listed above.  Does anybody have any insight on what can be different between devices?

Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Re: App not functioning on certain devices.

How are you developing the app?  Webworks? Or native? Java?

Have you tried in your config.xml to specify the order in which the app should connect to data?  You can specify Wifi first option then BIS etc...  It may help if you have not already done that.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
takaya01
My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: bell canada

Re: App not functioning on certain devices.

thanks for the hint. The app is in java. What is happening, the connection puts out a "please wait" screen before it tries to connect. I tried it in the simulator for those models, a couple of times it never returned from the please wait,i gather because it never made the connection, (so it looks like the app is stuck), but other times it it did make a connection and replaced the please wait with a success screen.   I know the server side was running,  I think it is just the simulator having the problem. I will put a countdown on the please wait screen, and force the closure after 30 seconds and ask the user to try again.  At lease it doesn't look like the program is stuck.

Please use plain text.