Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
reumerd
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: BB10 Dev Alpha Device Driver - or how to restore the OS

Thanks for the tips, 

Unfortunately in my case the prompt stil gives: No updates available.

Maybe still some more whitelisting to be done.

@reumerd-- @BBDevGroupNL -- about me
If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BelieveBill
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: optus

Thank you, superfly_fr. Now i installed the driver properly, but acturally there is shown "no update" after press the "update" and "repair".  And do you know the way that recovery the "camera" app. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
superfly_fr
My Device: 9900 / PB 2.0641
My Carrier: SFR

[ Edited ]

As WayneLee stated, debricking with the next build of OS (due next week or so) will restore alphas in their "birthday suits". All alpha apps will be there. So far I've had nothing but "no update available" too. Some of us seem to be more successful but I don't know how or what made them suceed.

BTW : my alpha serial starts with 0701 and OS is 10.0.4.197

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BelieveBill

One thing! Have anybody remember that is the "flash" function working by the camera app on BB10 dev alpha?

Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd

[ Edited ]

beacuse the issue was really starting to annoy me as the fix still hasn't been outed for all of us, I thought I try some more dramatic actions, which helped me in te past with J2ME BlackBerry Devices.
So I actually NUKE'd -A (/WIPE) the BB10 dev Alpha, so no OS would reside, only the Bootloader.
That worked. But using the the restore process as describved, I still don't get any software updates.
So now I have a perfectly fine paperweight with a red blinking light (though he stopped as the battery is drained).
Still seems to me a whitelisting issue of the devices.
My device details
PIN: 29D71A0A
Version 10.0.4 Bundle 197 (before the NUKE)
snnr: 0701-96xx-xxxx
(Also reported this to BBtenSupport)

#*#*#*#*# So a warning to you all, don't try this at home, someone needs to take a plunge. I'm not for just sitting patiently to have the bus drive over me.  For somethign that now is outstanding for over 1.5 months RIM is really helping out. (meaning the communications around this issues is just poor. not that they are not trying to resolve it, but without a dialog/communcations it just appears to be a big black box) #*#*#*#*#

If you like it, LIKE it ;-) ----- If it's solved, press solved ! --- If you solved it yourself, please let us know! We might have the same problem!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BelieveBill

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Goooooooooood job! Reeeeeeeeeal BBer! Let's wait!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BelieveBill

Orientation...Orientation... It will make the device dead.
Please use plain text.
Developer
RileyGB
My Device: Z10

I'm stuck with this problem as well. I've tried the suggested solutions to no avail, any updates?

Follow me on twitter @RileyGB - https://twitter.com/RileyGB
View my BB10 OpenSource projects - https://github.com/RileyGB/BlackBerry10-Samples
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tbassetto
My Device: BB10 dev alpha
My Carrier: Sosh (Orange subsidiary)

Hi guys.

Almost the same for me. When my BB10DevAlpha device was asking for my password, I put a wrong one several times and it decided to do a wipe out. Now, nothing happen when I connect it to my Mac, even the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software doesn't recognize it :/ I don't know what to do.

Cross-device app developer.
Please use plain text.
Developer
reumerd

[ Edited ]

The latest Desktop Manager software is now general available (bot only in the Beta zone):

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update?os=mac

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update?os=windows

Try to install one of those version (mac/ windows)

Also follow the steps as listed on the pages.

Other options that people reported might help:

1) Set in Sharing & Storage - the connection to the platform you're using (windows/ mac)

2) Enable file Sharing

3) Enable Development mode (in security)

And this might also help:

http://www.blackberryos.com/content/fix-found-issues-dev-alpha-updates-via-windows-3782/?utm_source=...

in other cases create a support ticket through emailing to: btsbetasupport@rim.com

answer the following questions and if possible already provide the Desktop Manager logs. (located at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Logs on windows)

• Your Name - Dennis Reumer
  • The OS version (All settings > About > General > OS Version) -> 10.0.4.197 (also on the other device)
  • An overview of the issue being experienced (se above)
  • Steps used to reproduce the issue (insert SIM -> The micro SIM card is not detected.)
  • Reproducibility of the issue (constant, frequent, seldom, just once) (constant).

Please use plain text.