Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
albertoepaz
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha

BB10 Dev Alpha - How to recharge battery when drain & device are bricked

Follow the procedure to UPGRADE the phone ... but ... when you view the advice to INSTALL the UPGRADE ... -->>> STOP !!! DONT CONTINUE... 

Then JUST unplug the cell phone from PC or Notebook without touch anything into the DM interface ...

NOW plug the cell phone to the charger.... 

verify manually  after 10 minutes... touching with the finger over the area at the middle of reverse of cell phone & one finger below the camera eye ... this zone... must be warm ... 

if you feel warm ... the cell phone are charging battery AGAIN !!!

then past 3 hour at least ... repeat the FULL PROCEDURE OF UPGRADE ... to normalize the OS !

REGARDS !  ( from Argentina )

AP

note: YES ... AFTER upgrade cell phone ... sometimes ... has BAD UPGRADE ... & brick or no charge battery or no display anything in the screen !!!

---->>>   BE CAREFULL WITH UPGRADES !!!     wait some days or better a week to resolve issues of new release ... if you not wanna a cell phone BRICKED !!!

Developer
Shikimori-roro-kun
My Device: Z10 Limited Edition

Re: BB10 Dev Alpha - How to recharge battery when drain & device are bricked

[ Edited ]

NOw im bricked what do i do ? D:

Contributor
albertoepaz

what its your status over bricked phone ??

no battery ?

no boot ?

light flashing ?

what ?

regards 

AP

rintopriambodo
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha

Hi, I think I had the same experience with my BB 10 Dev Alpha yesterday. It was running out of battery, it won't recharge and I couldn't power it on. My solution was to download an AppLoader from here: https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update and followed the provided instructions. You will require a good internet connection since it will download a large file from a server. My BB 10 Dev Alpha is now already back to normal with the new OS (10.0.9.388)

Always on, always connected
Contributor
marcderosa
My Device: developer

I ran into this problem as well. And finally using the Autoloader at

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update

turned out the be the only proposed solution (despite multiple discussion of the issue here and on other posts) that I found helpful.

Using the autoloader is fairly simple. The install took about 5 minutes here. One note, when the prompt shows “Connecting to Bootrom”, and you connect your device to your computer and turn it on. The software takes over from that point. It looks like the autoloader identifies the device when it boots up and then appears to reboot the phone from there. Bottom line: once you connect your phone you dont have to do anything but wait 2-3 minutes until the autolloader asks you for your password.

Also before I did the upgrade the charge on my phone was at 1% despite 2 days of charging. I forgot to check the charge just after the upgrade, other than noticing that the battery indicator was no longer red. However, I just checked it now about 1 hour after the upgrade. The charge is at 99%. Which is just to say that the battery didnt charge from 1% to 99% in a hour, suggesting the charging problem is more of a software issue.

Contributor
albertoepaz

let me see, guys...

i guess ... only guess... because i dont have reverse engineering to the rom of cell phone ...

the next scenario when device BOOT UP ...

system take a few seconds to attend the USB port ... immediately at boot start ...

the reason is very simple, IT IS IN THIS TIME ... when the system may permit to the loader ... start a new rutine of update whith ROOT PRIVILEGE !

THEN BY TIME OUT ... BOOT continue ...

system check health ... then ... analyzing previus SYSTEM LOG ...

advice to user ... with FLASH LIGHT RED, AMBER OR GREEN ... the problems found... 

IN PREVIUS RUNS ....

for me ... is it in this moment where the kernel ... have very problems of system ...

inhibiting THE CHARGE OF BATERY because... the rest of demons ... has not been started ...

THEN ...

IF YOU PLAY WITH THE CELL PHONE ... DURING THIS TIME ...

WITH THE ELEMENTAL OPTION OF PLUG & UNPLUG THE CHARGER ...

this event of BAD FUNCTION ... WILL BE OUTGROWN ...

OBVIUSLY THIS IS A DESING OF SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE PROBLEM  ...

MAKE BETS ...

Regards ...

AP

Visitor
eleet

[ Edited ]

I've had my device for two days now, and after turning it on and updating through the phone not DM, it still doesnt want to charge.. even after 12+ hours of it being on the wall charger (using the phones wall charger too)

Tried the DM updater, and did an autoloader install with no luck .. any other methods i should try?

Contributor
albertoepaz

IF YOU UPDATE CELL PHONE VIA OTA ( NOT DM) DO NOT UPDATE AGAIN ....

ONLY PLAY WIHT CHARGER...

PLUG & UNPLUG & PLUG AGAIN AFTER A FEW SECONDS.... WHEN CELL PHONE STILL FREZZE ... THEN SONNER O LATER ... OS BB 10 REACT TO THIS MANOUVER ....

OTHER ADVISE ... TRY TO PRESS VOL UP & VOL DOWN AT SAME TIME ... ( NOT MIDDLE OR POWER BUTTON )

THAT FORCE RESET SYSTEM LOG ERROR  ... & CELL PHONE CONTINUE TO BOOT FINE !

REGARDS ....

AP

NOTE: IN MY COUNTRY INTO LOCAL BB10 INNOVATION CENTER OF RIM MANY USER CAN CHANGE CELL PHONE WITH THIS PROBLEMS ... THEY ARE NOW HAPPY ... 

Contributor
edyb
My Device: Torch 9800 and 9810 and Playbook

My Dev Alpha A was working fine on the latest OS and I was debugging my app, then I had a problem with the loader (it wouldn't load my app, ERROR:  "result::failure 500 /pps/system/navigator/control: navigator service failed"). So I restarted my Dev Alpha by pressing power button and hoping it would turn on again.

Instead, it is showing RED BATTERY ICON with RED EXCLAMATION MARK inside.

I have tried Desktop Manager, I have tried AutoLoader many times, it goes through the "motions" and installs something, light on Dev Alpha turns green while it is loading the QNX ROM images, etc. However, no matter what I do it won't BOOT. Just shows the RED BATTERY ICON with RED EXCLAMATION MARK.

I press Power button, it turns on for a second with BATTERY ICON then turns off a few seconds later. When I plug into USB it makes the USB connection "bell" on Windows, then disconnection sound a few seconds later. Won't stay connected to USB either.

HELP!

Contributor
edyb
My Device: Torch 9800 and 9810 and Playbook

UPDATE:  I managed to finally get it working again.... After many times, I decided to put Autoloader on my Win7 laptop and try from there (instead of WinXP desktop) and it loaded OS also, and then did Power-volume-up/down and the DevAlpha came back to life. Not sure if was just a fluke or needed time to charge on laptop, but now it is wiped and ready again.