Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
paroxysm
My Device: AT&T Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

BB10 Simulator Orientation Change?

Is there a clear way to change the orientation from portrait and landscape and vice-versa on the simulator? I've tried swiping diagonally so many times all I've managed to do is toggle the virtual keyboard. I've tried using the controller but it doesn't seem to work( tried all RPY presets..) 

Contributor
gosubtle
My Device: Z10 + Playbook

Re: BB10 Simulator Orientation Change?

Hey Paroxysm,

All you need to do is click on the bottom right corner (in either orientation) and it should be able to change.  However, make sure you have orientation lock off otherwise it will not rotate the screen.

Good luck.

Developer
torpesco
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

Is this known to work in beta 4? beta 3? Clicking lower-left never fails to bring up the on-screen keyboard for me, but clicking lower-right does nothing. I've tried it in the browser, contacts, calendar and my own app to no avail. I've resorted to adding an action to my app to force the orientation, but at this point have no way to see if my application will actually respond to an orientation change when run on a real device.

Running VMware Fusion 5.0.2 on a Mac if that makes any difference...

Regular Contributor
JimmyO
My Device: Not Specified

Did you ever resolve this?   I too would like to simulate an orientation change.  Thx.

Developer
torpesco

[ Edited ]

I haven't, no. Just downloaded the gold relase of the SDK and simulator, so will be trying again tonight. Meanwhile, I have a simulator-build-only action bar icon for forcing orientation changes...

Developer
torpesco

[two nights late on updating...[

It works! The latest simulator (gold) handles the orientation change gesture just fine for the browser.

The weird thing on this one is that the keyboard doesn't appear to display when clicking in the lower-left, but if I move the mouse over where it should be then it does appear (although it flickers).