Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
thany
My Device: Simulator
Accepted Solution

BB10 Simulator - can't exit the browser

I'm done testing my website. It's not that I *need* to return to the homescreen, it's just that I can't find how to do it. None of the buttons on my physical keyboard do that (I assume at least one might emulator a button on a real device that returns to the homescreen, bad sadly not), and the browser doesn't have an option to exit it. Furthermore there's no statusbar anywhere (like on Android) that has at least something, so I feel I'm "stuck" in the browser...

How to return home?

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Re: BB10 Simulator - can't exit the browser

Swipe gesture up from just below the bottom of the simulated device LCD.

Contributor
thany

Aha! I never would have guessed. Very odd to require remembering gestures for elementary actions... Anyway, thanks.

(on a sidenote, I just noticed the Nespresso logo at the top... Such a multifunctional device, this BB is :smileytongue:)

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

thany wrote:

Aha! I never would have guessed. Very odd to require remembering gestures for elementary actions... Anyway, thanks.

Not odd - that's the way the BB10 interface works.

I haven't used the emulator in a while so I don't recall whether the emulator image includes the help and tutorials apps, but if it does, you can get help w/the BB10 user interface there, or online here, for example.

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Most users if they use their browser enough will know to do this as it comes up with a notification message whenever something needs to go full screen.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor
thany

Calling something not odd because it's just the way it works... That means nothing in the world is odd.

Anyway, "odd" is my opinion, so you can disagree if you want :smileywink: