Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
azoc
My Device: Torch 9800, Tour 9630
My Carrier: VZW
Accepted Solution

BB10 simulator screen locked to square aspect ratio on VMware Fusion/Mac

Having an issue with the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Simulator Beta 10.1 for VMware Fusion / Mac OS X 10.8.2. The simulator screen is locked at a square aspect ratio and cannot be resized. I have tried making it full screen, changing the zoom, stretching the window via OS X, and upgrading the VM, but the aspect ratio remains. See below screenshot:

Screen Shot 2013-02-14 at 4.44.18 PM.png

This makes for a problem with our ported Android app, which is completely crunched on this square screen. The entire lower half of the app is cut off.

On VMware Player for Windows, the screen appears as a normal phone screen:

bb10-vmplayer.png

Any suggestions to get a correct phone screen aspect ratio on the Mac simulator?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

Re: BB10 simulator screen locked to square aspect ratio on VMware Fusion/Mac

It seems you're using different simulators.
The square one is for devices with hardware keyboard. They have 720x720 screen resolution.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
azoc
My Device: Torch 9800, Tour 9630
My Carrier: VZW

Re: BB10 simulator screen locked to square aspect ratio on VMware Fusion/Mac

Thanks, that makes sense now that you mention it. On the download page (http://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/simulator/simulator_installing.html) it isn't clear aside from the small icons that one is for devices with hardware keyboards and the other is for touch screens.

Please use plain text.