Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
alperez
My Device: BB 10 Simulator

BB10 unable to run on dev alpha simulator

Hi everybody, 

Im new on bb development and Im having problems when I want to launch any app on simulator. I have tried the new dev alpha 10 Simulator and the playbook with the same issues.

When I "run" the app, the error message says:"Syncing and starting the application has encountered a problem." Details message is "null". When I try to debug says "Error in final launch sequence. Cannot prepare and download the binary"

Autodiscover devices is not working, but I can connect the simulator creating a new target through the "project explorer". Is not working anyway.

I have restarted simulator, sdk, even reinstalled everything but nothing seems to solve the problem.

Im running a MACOSX 10.8.2, momentics ide 10.0.9 and the native sdk 10.0.9.1673

Is anyone having the same problem? thanks!

Fred_M
My Device: BB10

Re: BB10 unable to run on dev alpha simulator

Hi Alperez,

Yes I am having the same issue as well - I can't get my app to run in the BB10 DevAlpha simulator, but the Simultor itself seems to run just fine in the VMware Player.  The Auto Detect does not work for me either (before hitting AutoDetect I have Telnetted into Simulator ofcourse).   I have to manually type in the IP and Password during the Project Wizard, and then it recognizes the Simulator.

I recently downloaded the latest Gold SDK and Simulators (AlphaDev and Playbook) and installed them on my Laptop.  Here are some of the details about my Laptop:

DELL Latitude E6500

Laptop OS: XP Pro SP3

Memory: 3Gb

Version of VMWare Player: 5.0.1 (no  other VM images except the bb10 alphadev simulator)

In addition, here is what was written in my build console prior to running- I've bolded and colored the lilnes which I think are expressing the problem :

"

**** Build of configuration Simulator-Debug for project FirstBB10AppFADE ****

make Simulator-Debug

make -C .//translations -f Makefile update

make[1]: Entering directory `D:/My Documents/Blackberry 10 App Development/App Projects/FirstBB10AppFADE/translations'

C:/bbndk/host_10_0_9_404/win32/x86/usr/bin/lupdate FirstBB10AppFADE.pro

Updating 'FirstBB10AppFADE.ts'...

Found 1 source text(s) (0 new and 1 already existing)

make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/My Documents/Blackberry 10 App Development/App Projects/FirstBB10AppFADE/translations'

make -C .//translations -f Makefile release

make[1]: Entering directory `D:/My Documents/Blackberry 10 App Development/App Projects/FirstBB10AppFADE/translations'

C:/bbndk/host_10_0_9_404/win32/x86/usr/bin/lrelease FirstBB10AppFADE.pro

The directory name is invalid.

Updating 'D:/My Documents/Blackberry 10 App Development/App Projects/FirstBB10AppFADE/translations/FirstBB10AppFADE.qm'...

Generated 0 translation(s) (0 finished and 0 unfinished)

Ignored 1 untranslated source text(s)

make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/My Documents/Blackberry 10 App Development/App Projects/FirstBB10AppFADE/translations'

make -C ./x86 -f Makefile debug

make[1]: Entering directory `D:/My Documents/Blackberry 10 App Development/App Projects/FirstBB10AppFADE/x86'

make -f Makefile.Debug

make[2]: Entering directory `D:/My Documents/Blackberry 10 App Development/App Projects/FirstBB10AppFADE/x86'

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `first'.

make[2]: Leaving directory `D:/My Documents/Blackberry 10 App Development/App Projects/FirstBB10AppFADE/x86'

make[1]: Leaving directory `D:/My Documents/Blackberry 10 App Development/App Projects/FirstBB10AppFADE/x86'

Could not find qmake configuration directoryCould not find qmake configuration fileUsing OS scope before setting MAKEFILE_GENERATOR

"

I although I'm not a 100% certain, I believe the problem might be caused by Spaces in my Project Directory. 

Alperez, if you can send whats written in your build console perhaps we can compare and see if both our directories have spaces in them.

Contributor
alperez

Hi Fred_M,

Im sorry for being so late, I was on christmas holidays :smileywink: 

Nothing seems to be wrong in my console report and Im still not getting any solution to the problem. The only message that looks strange is "Nothing to be done for `first'." but I dont know what it means. Did you solve this bug?

**** Build of configuration Simulator-Debug for project Test ****

make Simulator-Debug 

make -C .//translations -f Makefile update

make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/NUEVOSCANALES/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/Test/translations'

/Applications/bbndk/host_10_0_9_404/darwin/x86/usr/bin/lupdate Test.pro

Updating 'Test.ts'...

Found 1 source text(s) (0 new and 1 already existing)

make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/NUEVOSCANALES/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/Test/translations'

make -C .//translations -f Makefile release

make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/NUEVOSCANALES/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/Test/translations'

/Applications/bbndk/host_10_0_9_404/darwin/x86/usr/bin/lrelease Test.pro

Updating '/Users/NUEVOSCANALES/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/Test/translations/Test.qm'...

Generated 0 translation(s) (0 finished and 0 unfinished)

Ignored 1 untranslated source text(s)

make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/NUEVOSCANALES/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/Test/translations'

make -C ./x86 -f Makefile debug

make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/NUEVOSCANALES/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/Test/x86'

make -f Makefile.Debug

make[2]: Entering directory `/Users/NUEVOSCANALES/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/Test/x86'

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `first'.

make[2]: Leaving directory `/Users/NUEVOSCANALES/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/Test/x86'

make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/NUEVOSCANALES/ndk-10.0.9-workspace/Test/x86'

**** Build Finished ****

Developer
nemoryoliver
My Device: BB10 Simulator

What OS do you use? Windows 7 or Windows 8?

I suggest you use Windows 7 and with both Java x86 & Java x64 installed

Also reinstall the SDKs and VMWare.

Also please verify the correct IP of the simulator

I hope it helps.

Contributor
alperez

[ Edited ]

Mine is macosx 10.8.2.

As I said, I have tried to reinstall everything, even cleaning the mac with a tool. The IP seems to be right, because Momentics IDE shows it as connected, although the autodiscover fuction doesn't work.

Contributor
alperez

Finally, it works! Im not sure what solved the problem, but it seems updating to the latest java jdk was the solution.

Now  Im having trouble with the QML Preview, it doesnt work. "QML Preview compatibility check failed. QML Preview is disabled". I'll try to install the latest drivers and see if it works.

Developer
Zmey
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, DAC

If you're on MacOS then I've read in Known issues that Java 1.6 is required for QML Preview to work. Java 1.7 is not supported.

Andrey Fidrya, @zmeyc on twitter
Contributor
alperez

So, is not the JDK what solved the Simulator problem. Then I dont understand anything

Developer
joelajean
My Device: Z30, Z10, Q10, Dev Alpha B & Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

I'm running into the same issue...

Windows 8 and Java 1.6.0_34 !!! The funny part, is...  I got through the deployment wizard and it did pick up my Dev Alpha device. But when I tried deploying the debug token... it blew chunks telling me that it cannot connect via USB !@#$!@

Now I can't connect nor the device can be discovered !!!

When the device is configured to share storage via wifi, I can see and ping my device. In development mode, I cannot ping the device ! So the issue seems to be isolated to the development mode only !

Any suggestions ???

Author of Shopping Cart Calculator, BP Monitor & Book-zy
@kodybb on Twitter

Contributor
alperez

you dont have to use the device token if youre using the simulator. Try to erase it and launch. If the wizard picks up the sim, it should work :smileywink: