Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
nonesuchnick
My Device: Z10 LE
Accepted Solution

BBM stuck at Opening BBM setup screen after Dev Alpha Gold SDK 10.0.9.1675 update

Just updated to 1675.  Tried to open BBM, and the BBM Setup screen flies up and the spinner continues to spin forever with the message "Opening BBM".

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
Developer
nonesuchnick

Re: BBM stuck at Opening BBM setup screen after Dev Alpha Gold SDK 10.0.9.1675 update

Got BBM working again!

Go to Settings->Blackberry ID and re-sign in with your BBID.  Open BBM again and it associated with your Blackberry ID and all is well.

Thanks to @MyBBOTA on twitter for reporting this originally and retweeting the solution!

Nick

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
New Contributor
ffelgenh
My Device: BB 10 Alpha

Re: BBM stuck at Opening BBM setup screen after Dev Alpha Gold SDK 10.0.9.1675 update

I tried this, but "Blackberry ID" setting is only a white screen!
Developer
nonesuchnick

@ffelgenh for me, it pulled up the login screen right away with my BBID username already entered.  I just had to put in my password and login.

Nick

New Contributor
ffelgenh
My Device: BB 10 Alpha

After I connected the device to the BlackBerry Desktop Software and restarted it, I was prompted to insert my Blackberry ID and password. After that BBM and settings for Blackberry ID worked again.
New Contributor
Bee242
My Device: Blackberry 9860

I'm having this same problem? Where is settings? Do u mean options?
Developer
nonesuchnick

No, the Settings screen for the OS (ie swipe down from the top when on the homescreen), which is the little gear icon.  You should also have it as an app icon on the homescreen.

Hope you get it working!

Nick

New Contributor
Bee242
My Device: Blackberry 9860

Don't see what you are talking about. I have a bb 9860 (torch2)
Developer
nonesuchnick

Ahh, sorry.  This forum is for Blackberry Developers, and this thread is about an issue I had not being able to sign into BBM after updating the OS on a Blackberry 10 Developer Alpha device.  It does not apply to the BB OS7 devices like your Torch 9860.

Instead, please search or post your issue in the General Support forums or contact @BlackberryHelp on twitter.

Nick

New Contributor
GarethWaterman
My Device: Z10

My new Z10 still does this. I've tried the solution which didn't work. Please help!
GW