Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
olegueret
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha 10

BlackBerry Dev Alpha 10 browser app disappeared!

Steps to reproduce:

1.- Move the browser app (by tap & holding it) from the default position in the launcher to the lower apps section (next to the camera app). This works fine.

2.- Move the browser app to it's default location (up in the small launcher tray area). Then it disappears and an exception message appears in the top status bar (next to the clock) with an exclamation icon and saying something about an "array index whatever" (probably a kind of array out of index error)

Has this happened to anybody?

How do I restore the browser app / icon in the apps launcer?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: BlackBerry Dev Alpha 10 browser app disappeared!

You can contact the email listed on this page for support with this.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
panagiac
My Device: Dev Alpha 10

Hi, I have the same issue as you had. Did you fix that? How? Please let me know. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
marvous
My Device: Dev Alpha

Same problem, moved browser off launcher and then when added back to launcher and got array_index out of bounds error. Anyone know how to recover the browser icon?
Please use plain text.
Visitor
gparis
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

Hi,

I sent an email to btsbetasupport@rim.com and this is the answer I received:

With being part of the BlackBerry 10 Alpha, you will have an account to use at www.blackberry.com/betazone. If you log in here, you will find a Discussion board that may contain answers to the issue you experienced. If not, you can always create a new topic to discuss this which a moderator should assist with.

In addition, you should find a download for the BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 as well as instructions on how to reload the OS to the Alpha device. Performing a reload of the OS should also bring back the browser icon.

I haven't reloaded the OS yet, because I found an easy workaround to open the browser: clicking a web link in another app (BlackBerry PlayBook native Weather app, ...).

Please use plain text.
Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,

This is a pretty major bug which should, at least, be referenced in the release notes:
https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/releasenotes
--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

I have experienced the same issue. I've been told by various people that the only fix is to reload the OS, so I'm going to try that now. I've lost at least two apps to the app tray blackhole. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Developer
scrid2000
My Device: Red Z10, 32GB PlayBook, Numerous Android/WP8/FirefoxOS/Other devices

There's a bug in both the Dev Alpha OSes and PlayBook 2.1 that causes the app drawer to no longer take apps if you remove all the app icons for it. You can read a little more about it at http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-tablet-os-f228/icons-dock-disappeared-cannot-get-them-back-7.... Essentially, the only solution is to reload the OS.

Also, if you restore a backup that was made after you emptied the dock, that backup will bring this problem back. So don't restore a backup made after your dock was emptied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30

Yup, wish I knew that beforehand. I was able to reload the OS and the problem went away so I tried to restore data (knowing full well that it might bring the problem back) and sure enough, it came back.

But now I can't seem to get the timing right to initiate the ability to repair the OS to reinstall it again... Tried 20 times now. Never takes.
Please use plain text.