Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
iFun
My Device: 9810 | PlayBook
My Carrier: Three - ID
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Dev Alpha insists update on Bluetooth connection mode.

Hi.

I tried several times updating BlackBerry Dev Alpha to the new firmware with the instructions on update website. Make sure every steps I did. I tried but no luck. The Desktop Software didn't found any update. I tried the troubleshooting but I found no luck until trying several times and it get notified that there is update available.

I clicked update and repair. When clicking Repair, no wipe performed, instead Desktop software continue to find the software update and eventually sometimes it found. When it found, Desktop software asks password for bluetooth connection (I'm sure bluetooth was turned off on both device and my laptop) and it just continued like the device was pretending to be connected with bluetooth. Then it started to download. But again, it never completes.

I already did:

> remove the registry as instructed

> set the usb connection to windows

> turn on development mode

> set the file sharing on

> run the troubleshooting steps.

I found no luck :smileysad:. Anyone experiencing the same symptom?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gindrag
My Device: Dev Alpha, Playbook, 9700
My Carrier: XL Axiata, Indosat

Re: BlackBerry Dev Alpha insists update on Bluetooth connection mode.

by the way, do you use Blackberry Desktop Manager ver 7.1. bundle 33 as required?

-------
indragunawan.org
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iFun
My Device: 9810 | PlayBook
My Carrier: Three - ID

Re: BlackBerry Dev Alpha insists update on Bluetooth connection mode.

Yes, of course. My Dev Alpha is update right now. Although it insisted to update on Bluetooth connection mode, when installing it just recheck again if connection is available and I only reconnect the device to continue installation.

Please use plain text.