Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Visitor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Mobitel

Blackberry 9900 Simulator Memory Issue.

Hi All,

I am creating app which is using .net web service and create the screens dynamically with the values which returns from the Web service.

To Generate the screen i am using Json String as bellow. Without saving that Json string in to device memory screen loads perfectly. But when i save that data in to persistence object and load the data inorder to generate the screen, simulator get stuck and close the simulator.

Below is my Json string.

"[{\"Capition\":\"Name\",\"Description\":\"Name with initials\",\"ErrorText\":null,\"FieldName\":\"IncidentManagement\",\"CustomType\":\"None\",\"FieldSecurity\":{},\"FieldType\":0,\"IsError\":false,\"IsReadOnly\":false,\"IsRequired\":true,\"IsRadio\":false,\"IsCheckbox\":false,\"IsShowDescription\":true,\"IsMultiline\":false,\"ListItems\":[],\"MappedField\":1,\"Name\":\"Name\",\"NamedItems\":{},\"SelectedIndex\":0,\"Value\":\"\",\"XPath\":\"\/\/my:IncidentManagement\/my:Name\",\"ImageURL\":null},{\"Capition\":\"City\",\"Description\":\"\",\"ErrorText\":null,\"FieldName\":\"IncidentManagement\",\"CustomType\":\"None\",\"FieldSecurity\":{},\"FieldType\":0,\"IsError\":false,\"IsReadOnly\":false,\"IsRequired\":false,\"IsRadio\":false,\"IsCheckbox\":false,\"IsShowDescription\":false,\"IsMultiline\":true,\"ListItems\":[],\"MappedField\":1,\"Name\":\"City\",\"NamedItems\":{},\"SelectedIndex\":0,\"Value\":\"\",\"XPath\":\"\/\/my:IncidentManagement\/my:City\",\"ImageURL\":null},{\"Capition\":\"ZipCode\",\"Description\":\"\",\"ErrorText\":null,\"FieldName\":\"IncidentManagement\",\"CustomType\":\"None\",\"FieldSecurity\":{},\"FieldType\":0,\"IsError\":false,\"IsReadOnly\":false,\"IsRequired\":false,\"IsRadio\":false,\"IsCheckbox\":false,\"IsShowDescription\":false,\"IsMultiline\":false,\"ListItems\":[],\"MappedField\":1,\"Name\":\"ZipCode\",\"NamedItems\":{},\"SelectedIndex\":0,\"Value\":\"\",\"XPath\":\"\/\/my:IncidentManagement\/my:ZipCode\",\"ImageURL\":null},{\"Capition\":\"Email\",\"Description\":\"Enter valid email address\",\"ErrorText\":null,\"FieldName\":\"IncidentManagement\",\"CustomType\":\"None\",\"FieldSecurity\":{},\"FieldType\":0,\"IsError\":false,\"IsReadOnly\":false,\"IsRequired\":false,\"IsRadio\":false,\"IsCheckbox\":false,\"IsShowDescription\":false,\"IsMultiline\":true,\"ListItems\":[],\"MappedField\":1,\"Name\":\"Email\",\"NamedItems\":{},\"SelectedIndex\":0,\"Value\":\"\",\"XPath\":\"\/\/my:IncidentManagement\/my:_K2\/my:ExtraInfo\",\"ImageURL\":null},{\"Capition\":\"Incident Type\",\"Description\":\"Please Select option for test\",\"ErrorText\":null,\"FieldName\":\"IncidentManagement\",\"CustomType\":\"None\",\"FieldSecurity\":{},\"FieldType\":1,\"IsError\":false,\"IsReadOnly\":false,\"IsRequired\":true,\"IsRadio\":false,\"IsCheckbox\":false,\"IsShowDescription\":true,\"IsMultiline\":false,\"ListItems\":[\"Full\",\"Normal\",\"small\"],\"MappedField\":1,\"Name\":\"IncidentType\",\"NamedItems\":{},\"SelectedIndex\":0,\"Value\":\"\",\"XPath\":\"\/\/my:IncidentManagement\/my:IncidentType\",\"ImageURL\":null},{\"Capition\":\"Incident View\",\"Description\":\"\",\"ErrorText\":null,\"FieldName\":\"IncidentManagement\",\"CustomType\":\"None\",\"FieldSecurity\":{},\"FieldType\":5,\"IsError\":false,\"IsReadOnly\":false,\"IsRequired\":true,\"IsRadio\":false,\"IsCheckbox\":false,\"IsShowDescription\":true,\"IsMultiline\":false,\"ListItems\":[],\"MappedField\":1,\"Name\":\"IncidentView\",\"NamedItems\":{},\"SelectedIndex\":0,\"Value\":\"\",\"XPath\":\"\/\/my:IncidentManagement\/my:IncidentView\",\"ImageURL\":null},{\"Capition\":\"PolicyInfo\",\"Description\":\"Map view\",\"ErrorText\":null,\"FieldName\":\"IncidentManagement\",\"CustomType\":\"None\",\"FieldSecurity\":{},\"FieldType\":10,\"IsError\":false,\"IsReadOnly\":false,\"IsRequired\":false,\"IsRadio\":false,\"IsCheckbox\":false,\"IsShowDescription\":false,\"IsMultiline\":false,\"ListItems\":[],\"MappedField\":1,\"Name\":\"PolicyInfo\",\"NamedItems\":{\"Lattitude\":\"0\",\"Altitude\":\"0\",\"Longitude\":\"0\"},\"SelectedIndex\":0,\"Value\":\"\",\"XPath\":\"\/\/my:IncidentManagement\/my:IncidentDetails\",\"ImageURL\":null}]"

Other than this string value I have saved more string values like this in to persistence store. 

Please provide me a good solution to proceed because I cant move forward from this point.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry 9900 Simulator Memory Issue.

Doesthesimulatorapplicationitselfhangordoesyourapplicationhanginthesimulator?  Canyouswitchoutofyourapplication (holdthemenubutton to bring up the task switcher)?

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker