Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
Saifallah
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Link after updating my Dev Alpha

[ Edited ]

Hey all,

so today I updated my Dev Aplha to the latest OS, 10.9.9.339. Before that I was able to load my apps to the device using the IDE but now it's not recognizing the device. The moment I stick the USB to the Alpha, it shows a message that I should install the Blackberry Link. 

I located the file (Finder, OS X) and initiated the setup but when I reach to the actual step of downloading it, it says:

The update download failed with the following error: A server with the specified hostname could not be found.

What do you freaks think? 

Developer
mikbry
My Device: Bold

Re: Blackberry Link after updating my Dev Alpha

Hi,

Got same trouble... on Windows it also failed but you have a button to install the archive. So on Macosx, i try to remember the steps as The app install disapear:

- right click on .app icon "Show Package Contents"

- inside "Contents/Resources" you have a big pkg file. select and open it

- install it

- all goes ok and mac needs to restart unplug your device

- reboot done replug your Dev Device

- You see some popup all is ok

- now i could open Momentic and see your Dev Device

Hope it helps

Mik

Developer
nonesuchnick
My Device: Z10 LE

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much, @mikbry!  I was dead in the water after updating my DevAlpha today, and was kicking myself because I couldn't continue development for the port-a-thon or B4BB submission.  Now I am back in business!  Hopefully there is still time to get my app in...

Just a note for anyone else having this problem, I had to unplug and reconnect my DevAlpha after restarting the machine in order for the Blackberry Link software to recognize it.  Also, make sure you remembered to re-enable Development mode on your DevAlpha after the OS update.

Thanks again!

Nick

Learn to run and get in shape with Couch 2AnyK Pro, a Built for BlackBerry native Couch to 5K (C25K) app for BlackBerry 10, available in BlackBerry World.
New Contributor
Saifallah
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha

[ Edited ]

Worked flawlessy brother! Thanks a bunch :smileywink:

Developer
Deevych
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Can you please be more specific in what app to open and what to install?

I can't connect to my updated Dev Alpha anymore, neither I have any disk image added when I connect a device to my Mac.

Developer
Deevych
My Device: Not Specified

Nevermind, I fixed the conenction to Mac by going to device Settings->Storage and Access and changing USB Connection option from Autodetect to Connected to Mac.

Once this changed, device became visible to Mac and Flash Builder.