Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
fabiobh
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Can't connect Dev Alpha B to Qnx Momentics

[ Edited ]

I can't connect my dev alpha b to Qnx Momentics, I follow the same procedure that works with my Playbook, but it won't work with dev alpha.

I try to connect using USB and WIFI, but none of them work for me.

Because of that I can't even install the debug token in my dev alpha.

When I activate development mode on playbook, a icon appears in the top bar, but when I activate development mode in dev alpha, dI don't any icon that indicates the development mode is active.

Rhe development icon on playbook show the ip that the devive was connected, I use the ip to connect playbook to qnx momentics using the blackberry deployment setup wizard.

Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb

Re: Can't connect Dev Alpha B to Qnx Momentics

The dev alpha does not display the same icon, but when you activate development mode a message appears and the red led displays
Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Contributor
fabiobh

I understand, I finally connect my dev alpha to qnx momentics, but only using wifi, usb not work for me.

But at least I can deploy my apps in my dev alpha.

Developer
gmsm
My Device: Pearl 9105 - Playbook 16Gb

Good to hear, maybe you need to install the driver, plug your dev alpha it should be recognized as z drive and you will find a exe, install it
Pearl 9105 6.0 Bundle 2950
Playbook 2.1.0.1032
Contributor
fabiobh

My pc already detect the z drive and I install the software, but when I go to the widwos control panel, the dev alpha show that the driver is not installed correctly.

But I'll use wifi, it's sufficient to me.

Contributor
sharcy
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I have also experienced the same problem in my development and I currently am stuck as I build my apps with wired internet connection. I think BlackBerry should address this issue concerning linking devices with the QNX IDE.