Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Can't get apps running on the Dev Alpha.

Hello,

I am currently trying to launch my apps on the dev alpha. I have installed the debug token with Eclipse and it shows fine on the device when i go to development mode. it shows that the debug token is installed etc. When i package and run on Ripple. I get the following:

result::failure 881 required signatures missing <RDK, AUTHOR>

How can i fix this?

Kind Regards,

Aqib.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Can't get apps running on the Dev Alpha.

You can either run a signed app, in which case you wouldn't get those errors, or you can run an unsigned app with the "devmode" flag set, a debug token installed, and matching author and authorId fields in the bar-descriptor.xml file or whatever equivalent WebWorks uses. (I don't do WebWorks so I can't help with that.)

Note that this "devmode" thing is not the same as having the device in "development mode". Rather it's an option that is often available with the other SDK's packagers (e.g. blackberry-nativepackager) as "-devmode". It has the effect of setting the Application-Development-Mode field to True, in the MANIFEST.MF file of the .bar file.

If you try running an app where the .bar file has this Application-Development-Mode field set False or it's missing, but the .bar is unsigned or improperly, then you'll see that error.

As for how this all relates to Ripple, I have no idea... never used it. I'm just giving some background so you may be able to solve the rest of this yourself, maybe after reading some docs on the WebWorks/Ripple packaging tool(s).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!