Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
qf3l3k
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Changed Package ID and forgot old one?

Oh dear... when creating issue in issue tracker it is asking me for version number... I entered random as I don't think it is relevant to my situation and none of the numbers I entered is valid.

Any simpler tool than issue tracker? :smileyhappy: it doesn't seem to be relevant to request MANIFEST file info.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Issue Tracker is it. It should give an example of the version number it is expecting, just follow that format.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qf3l3k

Is there any ETA those issues have to be resolved?

I did open issue in issue tracker 5 days ago and so far no action.

Nobody is even assgiend to it.

In fact it is exactly the same like with application submission.

After 1 month of waiting eventually I received some communication from someone with some questions.

I think it will be handy to publish response time for diffrent type of requests. For example:

- application approval after submission - 6 months

- answer for issue opened in issue tracker - 12 months

doesn't look good from timing perspective.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

This is not a bug but a feature request, so there won't be anything to get resolved per say. Also, no timeline for when this feature may get added.

Could you provide the URL to the item you logged? That would be helpful to let both myself and others watching this thread know where they can go to find this issue.
Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qf3l3k

I guess this will be link to it:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-645

I tried to find some edit button to change classification of the thing.

Also, if I do recall correctly when tried to create "feature" ticketinstead of bug I couldn't get any value for some version required in the form accepted.. that is why created bug ticket eventually.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Hi there,

As this was logged as both a bug and posed as a question I will need to reject it and a new New Feature request will need to be submitted. When submitting please phrase it as you would a new software requirement: explain how it will help, why it is required, how it would be used, and the issues that exist today which this new feature will resolve.

After the new feature is logged please post back the URL and I will be sure to escalate to development.

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qf3l3k

So, after some time I came back to that issue.. as had no time to fight with useless systems and opening 20 thousands tickets without result.

What I found was more thrilling than before... I have so far aroudn 10 logins to differnet BlackBerry portals/web pages or whatever you name it... and now to open issue in issue tracker I had to create another login to BB Jam??

How about making tools for people more convinient and friendly?

With all the respect.. it looks like BB is geared towards pushing potential users and developers away from their products.

It is absolute nightmare. Why I still can't download binary file I uploaded for app to AppWorld? but have to open ticket to get manifest file?

Few months was not long enough to prepare something useful for people I guess?

I guess I will make last attempt and if that fails I think will throw all BB devices to the bin and replace it with something which is more friendly for users and developers.

Not even mention that super issue tracker portal was loading 10 minutes befire I got stupid question to login 20 times with 30 different passwords.

Mental it is.

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

All developer-based logins are being consolidated to use BlackBerry ID, so one set of credentials for all main portals. As of today you should be able to use one username and password for access to the forums, Developer Zone and Issue Tracker:
http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/08/blackberry-id/

There are still more portals to be integrated, but the good news is that they are coming!

I definitely sympathize with having to track multiple sets of credentials so am happy to see this change as a way forward.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.