Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
fahad009
My Device: BB 9900

Code Signing Key Freezes

I am trying to Develop an App for BlackBerry (Bold 9900) on BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.5.0(Helios) for Windows. My App is working perfectly on the Simulator, but Signing Keys is giving me hard time. I tried to Sign the Keys, two Keys are Signed but the third one RRT is taking forever to response, and the window freezes(Signature Tool Window).  Please help me in resolving the issue. The screen is attached.  Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fahad009

Re: Code Signing Key Freezes

Addition to my recent Post: When I cancel it, I get the following error "Error:  No debug information found for module 'net_rim_cldc'. Please ensure that yu have installed the simulator package that matches the handheld code you are attempting to debug".

For some reason it's not showing the IMG on my post!, sorry for that.

Please use plain text.
jvalerioc
My Device: blod

I have the same problem
Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

My guess is you have run into the following known issue:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/SignatureTool-Stops-Responding-While-S...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fahad009

Hi Woolley...Can I Sign the Sample NFC App from gethub respiratory website for signing keys and put the Application on my BB Bold 9900 device. And how do I experiment with the Card Emulation mode.
Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley

Do you mean the Card Emulation sample "NfcTransactionHandler"?

You can but you need the NFCR signing key and to be working with a carrier whose UICC (SIM) you are able to use. The SIM needs an applet which is able to somehow raise an HCI transaction event which you can register for and receive in the application.

If not then no, you will just have to enjoy reading and learning from the code :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fahad009

Hi Woolley... Yes I am talking about the "NFC Transaction Handler Application"...Can you tell me some more details about the NFCR signing key part and how do I sign the NFCR keys , I didn't get the HCI transaction part and "The SIM needs an applet". More information and explanation will be appreciated.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley

Everything you need to know is in the article with which the code was published:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/NFC-Card-Emulation-Primer/ta-p/1596893

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fahad009

Hi
I did research on the article you just sent me above. But it doesn't help me alot. Even in the article, I didn't understand the NFCR key signing issue and the HCI transaction. I just want to know, how do I implement and make it work as a Card Emulation application...
Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley

[ Edited ]

Fahad009, the NFCR signing key is a RIM code signing key which your code must be signed with if you wish to use the secure element related Java classes. I assume you are familiar with the BlackBerry code signing process in general. This is just the same except that NFCR is an optional key which is not issued to everyone. To obtain the key you must be working with a carrier (since the key gives access to their SIM/UICC) and make an application to RIM. You can send me a private message here if this is the case and I will pass your application on.

HCI transactions are a mechanism by which an applet running in the UICC can communicate with an application on the device. This is explained in the article.

The "how to implement" question has two parts

1. how to implement the applet which runs in the secure element

2. how to implement the Java application on the BlackBerry device

(2) is explained in the article and there's a full, working application in our GitHub Java Samples/NFC repository.

(1) is beyond the scope of this support forum. SIM/JavaCard programming is something you should seek training in if it is a new subject to you. SIM card manufacturers may offer such training.

That said, SIM card manufacturers do sometimes offer special SIMs for testing purposes and these come preloaded with a selection of testing applets including ones which may make it possible for you to cause an HCI transaction to be raised. If you're working with a carrier then they will know about this and may be able to help.

Please use plain text.