Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

My Device: not specified
My Carrier: not speciefied

Code Signing problem

I have difficulties with code signing, it worked with one application on Feb. 28 th.

And I do have csi files from that day.

Now I wanted to sign a different application today , and I got the following errors.

RCR: not registered
RRT failed
RBB failed

ERROR MESSAGE dispalyed below: "The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password" How can I verify the CSK password ??

I tried to follow Blackberry signing authority tool manual (Admin guide). There I could find only recipees that are not very detailed. It would be nice to understand:

Do I have to use for each application a new set of

1) CSI files

2) CSK files

From whom do I get these files ? 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Code Signing problem

You can use the same set of keys to sign multiple applications.  There isn't a limit on the number of applications you can sign.

The RCR not registered error means you haven't installed that CSI file.  Your previous application may not have required that key, so it could have signed correctly.

The other errors are for using an incorrect password.  If you don't recall your password you can remove the existing keys, register for and install a new set, which will allow you to choose a new password.  This article explains the key file locations.

Backup and Restore BlackBerry Code Signing Keys

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker