Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Visitor
My Device: Developer Only
My Carrier: None

Code Signing with Eclipse

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem that has been plaguing me for a long time. I registered for a code signature here on the BlackBerry website, and I received the three files in the email. Then I followed the instructions for signing my application in Eclipse with the BlackBerry plug-in. The first time I did so, the Signature Tool said that the files were signed, but I was still getting denied access to the protected API's at runtime. So I tried to sign the Eclipse project again, and then it had the audacity to tell me that my password was wrong. I tried many variants of the password that I know I used, but it still refused to let me sign.  When I use the File Signer tool on a specific .cod file, it accepts my password and signs the file, as far as I can tell, so I know  the password isn't wrong.

So this is what I need: first, I need my password to work, and second, I need Eclipse to actually sign my project, so I can keep going on this application.

Thanks for any help!

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Code Signing with Eclipse

FileSigner is used to sign an application with a custom key you create.  This differs from signing with RIM issued keys (which are requred to run an application on a real BlackBerry Smartphone).

There is no way to reset your password for RIM issued code signing keys.  Instead, request a new set here:  https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker