Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Configure BlackBerry MDS simulator to connect to internet behind a proxy - Authentication Error

Hi Everyone,

I want to configure BlackBerry MDS Simulator so that it gets connect to internet behind a proxy. I have seen many posts related to this configuration but my problem is still not solved.

I edited the rimpublic.property file and under the [HTTP HANDLER] section, added following:

application.handler.http.proxyEnabled = true

After adding all these lines in the file, I started the MDS simulator and the 9800 Simulator which I am using and started the browser. When I open any site, I get one dialog asking me "Username", "Domain" and "Password". I entered all correctly and tried to authenticate but it again shows me the same dialog and continues to show whenever I try to authenticate.

For the safety purpose, I have also installed Microsoft ISA client so that Proxy won't restrict many sites. Please suggest me a solution for the above problem so that I can connect to internet via Proxy on MDS simulator.

Thanks in advance.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Configure BlackBerry MDS simulator to connect to internet behind a proxy - Authentication Error

By default, the BlackBerry Browser in the BlackBerry 9800 smartphone simulator will not use MDS-CS.  Please refer to this article.

Force the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator Browser to use the MDS-CS Simulator

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker