Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Boofoo

Cryptography work flow

After 'registering' with my BlackBerry ID on BlackBerry SignedKeys and receiving:

• client-RDK-<numberhere>.csj
  • client-PBDT-<numberhere>.csj

...in my email, I see now that I additionally have:

• author.p12
  • barsigner.csk
  • barsigner.db
  • bbt_id_rsa
  • bbt_id_rsa.pub

in my $HOME/.rim (or Local Settings\Research In Motion\ for Win32.) But I can't remember how these files got there. According to BlackBerry Deploying the first three (author.p12, barsigner.*) are generated by:

blackberry-signer -storepass <password> <bbidtoken.csk>

...but this seems impossible since I've never had a file called 'bbidtoken.csk' or any other *.csk file (except for the one supposedly generated by this command.)

Where is the documentation for all these files as well as the commands or processes used to generate them? Any guidance would be helpful, thanks.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cryptography work flow

Registration of the CSJ files would create the first 3 files you have listed there.

The second two would have been created from using a BlackBerry ID Token.  But your BlackBerry ID Token (bbidtoken.csk) doesn't appear to be there anymore.  It's possible you saved and used it from a custom folder, not the default one you listed below.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker