Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

Deployment on simulator from Momentics fails

I am getting the error when I try to Run the project from Momentics to simulator. Momentics is connected to simulator and simulator is working fine but when I run/debug project from Momentics it gives me error. Screen shot is attached that explains error. I have latest BB10 simulator version 10.2.1.3175

Developer
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Deployment on simulator from Momentics fails

Found the solution!

After a while I realize that this error only comes when you have app deployed on simulator but you deleted the app and then try to run/debug.

If you see the screenshot the error comes after "Launching xyzpackage name" .I decided to explore different configuration files to find the solution. In bar-descriptor.xml there is a variable "buildId (in source view)" or "Package Build ID (in General tab view)". Whenever you delete app from simulator and want to run/debug/deploy again on simulator change this value and make it different from the previous one. Its a simple number so best technique is to keep increasing.

Screenshots are attached marking the variable to change