Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

Dev Alpha 10.0.6.368 Bug Reports

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I created the 'DevAlpha not updating' thread which was very successful. I noticed after a lot of us were able to fix the problem with updating, people started reporting bugs. So I thought why not start a thread dedicated to reporting and debugging problems with DevAlpha 10.0.6.361.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Dev Alpha 10.0.6.361 Bug Reports

@Philipk - it's a fair suggestion, but I'm on build 386 after the upgrade.

These upgrade threads are growing so quickly it's difficult when you have to search through 20+ pages of posts. 

How about separate threads for separate issues based on the build?

New Contributor
hrtsea
My Device: BB10

[ Edited ]
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

What has worked somewhat well in the past is to have a "master" thread which tries VERY HARD ;-) to avoid discussion, but merely reports the simple issues and has links to other threads where the larger issues are described.

I'd say let's use this one for that, except for the "361" part. Why do some have 361 when most of us (as far as I know) have 368?

Anyway, this one probably affects all 10.0.6 versions for now: Samba doesn't work over WiFi any more (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Dev-Alpha-Samba-non-functional-over-Wi...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
peter9477

hrtsea, may I suggest you create a new thread for that. Describe the situation in more detail (yes, even for such a simple issue more detail is required... at the very least you'd have to describe that you definitely checked the Sounds and Notifications page, and what you're doing to try to generate a sound). Then come back here and Edit your post (using the Options dropdown) and include a link to the new thread you created.

If problems are reported AND discussed here, this thread will quickly become useless since it will have pages of discussion on individual problems. It always happens that way...

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
Philipk

@peter9477 @br14 Your right I changed the thread name because I have '368'. I like the idea of linking out to more comprehensive posts for each bug @hrtsea you should edit your post to link to your previous thread on the issue.

Clicking the top button which use to turn the screen off no longer works. I'm not sure if its a bug or it's suppose to be that way. I know with the old way it would often turn on by accident in my pocket.

You can hold the button down and then hit 'Stand By'.

Confirming what Philipk sees with the power button not putting the device into standby with a quick tap.

Also I have a password enabled, yet tapping the Lock option in the battery menu only puts the device in standby, but does not lock it. Leaving it idle past the password timeout does, however, lock it properly.

Contributor
ksoroch
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Dev Alpha 10.0.6.368 Bug Reports

After update, SIM card is no longer recognized. Mobile Network is greyed out and SIM picture is of a card with an red excalmation point. Restarted multiple times. Tried with card out and putting it in after boot. Booting with card in. Basically all the combinations I could think of. No luck.

Had to do a secuity wipe to get the upgrade to work

Contributor
PFCSystems
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha

Re: Dev Alpha 10.0.6.368 Bug Reports

Last window an app is opened in is fragmented as minimize all windows and appears at left and righ as scroll

Last window goes "black" and covers the "desk"top making it impossible ot navigate throug apps

naitve mail client form playbook no longer works on BB10 update