Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Dev Alpha 10.0.6.368 Bug Reports

PFCSystems, I can't reproduce either of your first two items from the descriptions you gave. Could you make new threads for those and supply additional detail?

The last item is, of course, not a bug... :-)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

It's still impossible to add apps to the top row in this release. Apps will disappear and the OS will need to be repaired, which takes 30-60 minutes.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/BlackBerry-Dev-Alpha-10-browser-app-di...

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

[ Edited ]

trying to delete this post(is that possible?)

Philipk wrote:

trying to delete this post(is that possible?)

You can't delete posts, though as you saw you can simply edit (within 24h) and remove the original content, usually leaving a note explaining why since others might have seen the original or even replied to it.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
My Device: 9800 Torch, 9700 Bold, 8700, DA A
My Carrier: SpeakOut/Rogers

[ Edited ]

Search app crashes if you try to click apps that aren't available, weird stuff starts happening.

You can't create folders like previously on the PlayBook/R4.

When you use the voice/nuance app, and tell it to google something, it opens up the google homepage instead.

Saying "Google BlackBerry" brings you up to this page: http://google.com/q=Blackberry, rather than http://google.com/search?q=BlackBerry. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Developer
My Device: Passport / Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Dialog weirdness....  I've seen system dialogs do this as well, but it is far more common with an AIR app that makes a call to a Dialog Box, the dialog doesn't appear on the screen or is there but not drawn.  If it happens, sometimes sitting and waiting for 15 seconds or so will be enough time and the dialog appears, or you're left with a locked up device.

Getting another Dialog box to pop-up brings both of them to a viewable state, as in a few of my programs I was able to get around the problem by issuing a ".show(IowWindow.groupId)" twice, one right after another, then issuing a single cancel to remove the top dialog leaving the original one displayed on the screen.

This is mostly application, but I've seen it happen a few times with the "Application was slayed" message, it's apparently on the screen and doesn't appear till an aplication pops a dialog box.

Developer

A couple more:

1. If you backed up your Dev Alpha at 10.0.4 and then did a debrick or wipe or anything similar to upgrade to 10.0.6, don't count on being able to restore your apps.  I've tried restoring my backup several times, and while media and settings restore (apparently properly), the /apps and /accounts/1000/appdata folders are untouched by the restore.

I have not tried a backup and restore both at 10.0.6 to see if it's a compatibility issue, or what.

2. Upon rebooting from a battery drain test, the keyboard went a bit nuts. On the password entry dialog, as I tried typing keys it would randomly type 1-2 other letters somewhere beside the ones I was trying to type.  This could be a touch screen issue related to low voltage, rather than software, but thought I'd mention it.

3. I'll note again for those who may not have had their Dev Alphas for very long, that battery management is extremely poor in various ways, and I'm not sure yet that 10.0.6 fixes it.  To avoid possible serious damage to the battery, leave the device plugged in all the time unless you're actively using it.  It may not shut off properly under all conditions, in which case it may stay on in some fashion, draining battery even with the screen off, until the voltage reaches low levels where Lithium Polymer batteries are likely to be permanently damaged.  I don't actually much trust the battery voltage readings I'm getting, but there are enough signs it's correct that it's worth giving the warning.  I was just testing mine out under load and got two-minute readings like this at the end: 3.64V, then 3.559V, then 3.433V, then 3.057V.  Anything below 3.2V is quite possibly damaging.  It died there, and after plugging in and rebooting, the first reading showed it at 2.136V which is very very bad if true.

(For those with concerns, no, leaving a device like this plugged in all the time is not damaging to the battery, as it stops charging once it reaches a full charge. See my signature if you are uncertain about this info...)

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha

OK...so now I am really annoyed/confused, after finally getting the latest OS update for Dev Alpha ie version 10.0.6.386 to work (last Thursday evening), and having it work with the fractured windowing and lack of support for the native PB mail client that worked under 10.0.4.197,  I did a hard reboot--one of a few since Thursday, and the OS version now indicates that it has reverted back to 10.0.4.197.  What the heck?  Has anyone else seen this?  I am leaving it at this older OS as the Android run time player does not lead to fractured windows or a "black" window that covers the desktop, and the playbook native mail client works.   I am too worn out with BB for now......I don't get what just happened?  Any explanations? Definiton of hard reboot: held the on/off and raise volume buttons together for greater than  8 sec., phone went off then restartes it woth "on" button.

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: QED

1. Too often, several taps are required, instead of a single tap.

2. Settings / WiFi does not indicate connected status (e.g., green-shaded network list icon) when connected.

3. Settings / Software Updates button disabled (the screen states that "Network connection lost"... not true).

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

Is anyone else getting "This item is not supported by your current profile" when they go to App World?