Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
Dredvard
My Device: Playbook

Dev Alpha Camera failure

I'm trying to develop a video capture application on my Dev Alpha - but all camera functions stop working after a short period of time.  If the camera is on for any length of time the screen  the display from camera application goes black.  I can minimize the application and everthing eslse is fine.  I have not been able to get any other camera application (eg. FaceFilter from BlackBerry Jam Americas) to work.  I notice that at the best of time quadrants of the video go  blotchy.    All other apllications work fine.  Is this a problem with my Dev Alpha or is this just an SDK issue? 

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
Retired
PBernhardt
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Dev Alpha Camera failure

This sounds like a bug or possible hardware issue. Is this on a Dev Alpha A or B? Have you tried reloading the software from the Dev Alpha page? https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker
Developer
Dredvard
My Device: Playbook

Re: Dev Alpha Camera failure

Haven't reinstalled the 9.388 as I have a lot of a sample apps uploaded to the phone and I like to view the samples after inspecting the code.

I have a Dev Alpha. 

If it should work I'll go ahead and reload it. 

I saw a mention in the forums something about a16:9 ratio bug (vs  4:3 ratio) in the camera app so I changed that setting and my camera app now seems to run ok.  So I wonder if its a bug.

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"