Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Dev Alpha Update 10.0.9 Bundle 44 available

Key for me was running  AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34 first before the WipeReload.bat

Perhaps the team should get a little more sleep (based on Alecs presentation today) so they don't miss important stuff.

And does anyone know how to hide the keyboard? I get to the point of entering my SSID but can't move forward.

And now it's bricked again.

Let's hope the final release user experience isn't quite as atrocious. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bensmithbortey
My Device: Blackberry Z30
My Carrier: EE

Hi samoyotte

Why did Blackberry remove voice command and screen capture from the dev alpha??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PFCSystems
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

Why can't RIM make things simple.....I tried to update to 10.0.9.44 twice with DM and downloaded the 56 modules, disconnected device rebooted and still the same old OS.  I debricked and tried to repair and rebooted; still no updated OS.  A smooth update is all I aske for.  I cannot do an OTA update because even though I am on wifi the device inists I am not on wifi.  Unreal!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PFCSystems

The problem is that the programmers at RIM cannot provide clear directions....When I attache the dev alpha DTM will automatically detect it and run even after I down load the updater  :

"https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update"

I then follow

1Download and extract App Loader 7.1.0.34 (Windows).

2Ensure your Desktop Software is up to date.

3Ensure your Desktop Software is not running.

4In the location where you extracted the application loader, run the file AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34.

5In the location where you extracted the application loader, run the file AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34.

6Connect your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device to your computer.

7In the location where you extracted the application loader, run the batch file WipeReload.bat.

8If you have a password set on your device, type your password when prompted

9After your device restarts, complete the set up wizard.

(instructions are from the above link) yes 4 and 5 are the same cause no one proof reads at RIM before writing anything--is this how the code is developped too? OMG

and yes we are told to ensure DTM is up to date (no version given) and then that it is not running, well it runs automatically when the device is connected!

So annoyed that we have to waste time to update...AGAIN!

Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Yes if you follow the instructions above it works first time, do not use bb desktop manager. for this process.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PFCSystems

Attempted again—impeded launch of Desk Top Manager (DTM) by terminating /closing/”X” ing it’s launch (“X” out!!) asap whenever  DTM appears to launch and IGNORE Blackberry Device Manager  (DVM) disconnect requests: 1) leave DEV alpha powered on; 2) do not connect yet---run AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34 first ---3)run WipeReload  4)connect the Dev alpha via USB—start x ing out stopping all launches of des top manager (DTM), DVM is required, but ignore disconnect/connect messages.  As long as the green horizontal status bar increases you are ok. At the end when you ge the message that the loader cannot connect to the device, because it needs a passwd, just disconnect and rebooted; having to go throught set up AGAIN, but I think I need to recharge the  device before I can proceed, since it went blank...

The problem is that the programmers at RIM cannot provide clear directions....When I attach the dev alpha DTM will automatically detect it and run even after I down load the updater  :

"https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update"

I then follow

1Download and extract App Loader 7.1.0.34 (Windows).

2Ensure your Desktop Software is up to date.

3Ensure your Desktop Software is not running.

4In the location where you extracted the application loader, run the file AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34.

5In the location where you extracted the application loader, run the file AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34.

6Connect your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device to your computer.

7In the location where you extracted the application loader, run the batch file WipeReload.bat.

8If you have a password set on your device, type your password when prompted

9After your device restarts, complete the set up wizard.

(instructions are from the above link) yes 4 and 5 are the same cause no one proof reads at RIM before writing anything--is this how the code is developed too? OMG

and yes we are told to ensure DTM is up to date (no version given) and then that it is not running, well it runs automatically when the device is connected!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PFCSystems

[ Edited ]

@BR14:

"Key for me was running  AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34 first before the WipeReload.bat

Perhaps the team should get a little more sleep (based on Alecs presentation today) so they don't miss important stuff.And does anyone know how to hide the keyboard? I get to the point of entering my SSID but can't move forward.And now it's bricked again.Let's hope the final release user experience isn't quite as atrocious. "

Same for me--bricked after entering SSID or so it seems...tried to Debrick but Desk Top Manager says setup is not completed...must do that first--so will see if  charging it overnight helps...

UPDATE the next  day: I reconnected to PC with USB and again terminated DTM and re-ran the wipereload program and it went through the "Connecting to boot ROM" part and now I have OS 10.0.9.388--not sure why it is not 10.0.9.44

Please use plain text.
New Developer
paradisaeidae
My Device: Not Specified

Reporting success.

On second attempt.

Had RedLed, pause, RedLed.3times, pause, RedLed.2times cycle for a while.

Had a code ....000049 on first attempt.

Appreciate the loader now runs indepentent of DM. Thanks.

I'm sure the feedback signals during critical update process will improve over time.

Pretty scary moments & I don't even have my entire life on it.

The graphics look great on the DevAlpha.

The touch sensitivity is smooth! Finger swips have graduated acceleration sensitivity?

MarkT

Please use plain text.
Developer
arindamhit
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

I have installed the AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34. Now when i am connecting my device, it is booting and botiing and showing the splash screen for infinite time. Now when i am installing the WipeReload.bat, 
it is showing a pop up with select a device to connect with pin. But no pin is showing. That means, the device is not recognized??  I am not getting what to do??

Can any one face this issue??

Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

So the instructions are as follows:

For steps 1-3 you should NOT have your dev alpha plugged in or any other blackberry device.

For ALL these steps DO NOT open blackberry desktop manager, and if its running in the background close it!  You are NOT using BB desktop manager to update your phone.  The only time you may have to open BBD is if you mess these steps up and need to repair your device.

1.  Go here and download file in blue box: https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html

2.  Unzip that file to a location on your computer.

3.  Execute the file: AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34 - from that location in step 2, which will install mysterious things.

4.  Plug in your dev alpha device - WAIT - ignore messages saying device found / not found...

5.  When it is fully booted go to step 6... (Still do not let BB desktop manager open)

6.  Check the battery level and make sure its more than 50% (to be safe) - if not WAIT till it is!

7.  Remove any passwords.

8.  Go to location in step 2 and run the file: WipeReload

9.  WAIT for it to recognize the alpha device - it takes time to get the pin.  Click ok

An updating blackberry device software window will popup - wait a long time for the modules to update.  Allow it to finish.

Step 9 - you have to wait.  Mine took a while to see the device and pin.  Almost scared me thinking it was not going to work, then suddenly it popped up.

ALSO AFTER all the update was finished and the phone rebooted - the loader said it could not connect to the phone for reboot BUT the phone had rebooted and was asking me to agree to BB terms and setup device.  I disconnected the phone at this point as the update was clearly done.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.