Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,

Re: Dev Alpha Update 10.0.9 Bundle 44 available

[ Edited ]

I was in the same situation you're in, until the modules started to reload from the beginning, taking a long time and finally succeded.

I thought my device was bricked because of the strange blinking.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Contributor
snufkin
My Device: 9320, playbook

[ Edited ]

so you just kept doing the wipeload.bat over and over? even tho your pin wasnt recognised? and it just randomly worked? Did your device turn on ever? thanks

what do you mean 'the modules started to reload from the beginning'? i get the error message almost instantly.

Contributor
lobomalo
My Device: Bold 9900, playbook 64, 32- blackberry 10 dev alpha

Hold on brother's, the update rock on, don't worry ,take some time but worth the effort. 

Here in this post is the solution to the problem. Read carefully and be bold, :Clap: be patient, be blackberry. 

Developer
interfaSys

Exactly. Sounds stupid, but that's what I did.

I used to get the error message instantaneously, but one time, it started again from the beginning, taking forever.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Contributor
snufkin

thanks interfasy, i'm on what seems like my 100th try (probably 50 really) How many times did it take you?
Developer
interfaSys

It took me less than that, but there may be more users updating today than yesterday.

It's a bit like calling a radio station to get free tickets to a concert, you have to have a bit of luck :smileywink:

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Contributor
PFCSystems
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha

[ Edited ]

Here are the instructions from the on line web site five lines down where you can get the zipped files Apploader and Wipereload:

The problem is that when one attaches the dev alpha DTM will automatically detect it and run even after you down load the updater --YOU should NOT run DTM :

"https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update"

Then follow

1Download and extract App Loader 7.1.0.34 (Windows).

2Ensure your Desktop Software is up to date (because need the latest drivers for WipeReload)

3Ensure your Desktop Software is not running (terminate it form system tray and X it at any launch).

4In the location where you extracted the application loader, run the file AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34.

5In the location where you extracted the application loader, run the file AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34.

6Connect your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device to your computer.

7In the location where you extracted the application loader, run the batch file WipeReload.bat.

8If you have a password set on your device, type your password when prompted

9After your device restarts, complete the set up wizard.

(instructions are from the above link) yes 4 and 5 are the same because the people at RIM are busy writing cool new code-- I added to 3: "(because need the latest drivers for WipeReload)" and to 4)"(terminate it form system tray and X it at any launch)"

and yes we are told to ensure DTM is up to date (no version given, but click on link above) and then that it is not running, well it runs automatically when the device is connected!  You do NOT run DTM! Here is the solution:

follow the above steps, but do not launch DTM

impede launch of Desk Top Manager (DTM) by terminating /closing/”X” ing it’s launch (“X” out!!) asap whenever  DTM appears to launch and IGNORE Blackberry Device Manager  (DVM) disconnect messages: 1) leave DEV alpha powered on; 2) do not connect yet---run AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34 first ---3)run WipeReload  4)connect the Dev alpha via USB—start x ing out stopping all launches of des top manager (DTM), DVM is required, but ignore disconnect/connect messages.  As long as the green horizontal status bar increases you are ok. At the end when /if you get  the message that the loader cannot connect to the device, because of a passwd, disconnect and try to boot (turn on/off).  I got the setup process when it appeared  to hang after entering the SSID.  I made sure it was charged (overnight) and then reconnected to the  PC again terminating DTM and re-ran the wipereload program and it went through the "Connecting to boot ROM" part and now I have OS 10.0.9.388--not sure why it is not 10.0.9.44.  Any ideas on why I have 10.0.9.388?

The wipe program runs the following steps (note that when you run the wiper it takes time (2-3min?)for the BB PIN ID and for the devalpha pin to show, be patient!) :

1)Prep--connects to boot ROM (this may have been in error when DTM ran) , dwnloads modules 1 to 56/57 (seemed to change the second time it ran),uploads Ram image, then down loads 2 more modules (the second time I ran the wipe program)

2)Install--extracts device software and you see the green horizontal progress bar--took about 15 minutes, loads system software (about 10-15 minutes w FIOS)

3)REBOOT, connects to device and reboots this takes another 10-15  minutes

At the end of the reboot I got a cannot conenct to device error since passwd protected.  I disconnected the device and turned it on and off and then the set-up process began.  It got hung up at the wifi step.  I reconnected it and ran the wipe program again (You only need install the apploader applicaiton once, and can run the wipe program many times, as needed).  It did a reboot of the device and I was good to go.  Always terminate DTM when running hte wipe program not DVM.

BTW--I was not able to download the Apploader app with Google Chrome, had to use IE; make sure that the batterey is fully charged before starting the update of the OS.

Developer
interfaSys

This reminds me that it seems quite important to have enough battery life left. The indicator on the phone is either wrong or you have a black screen (brick). best to let it charge for 30 minutes and try again after that.

--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Trusted Contributor
velumani
My Device: Blackberry Z10

The_Anomaly post works for me, Thanks.

Try my HTML5 app CountDown (free)

Click Accept as Solution if this post that have solved your issue(s)!
Like if you found this post useful..
Contributor
snufkin

tried charging for a couple of hours, still no joy. tried EVERY way just the same error message every time.