09-26-2012 08:02 AM
Thanks..I have followed some other steps. Now it is updating. But how much time it will take to install the two modules?? By the way, till now i did not run the WipeReload.bat file./
09-26-2012 10:01 AM
09-26-2012 10:25 AM
I tried in the following way:
I got mine working using the following:
1) Plug Dev Alpha into computer
2) Open device manager
3) uninstalled the 2 "CD-ROMS" that were installed
4) uninstalled USB Mass Storage Device
5) unplugged dev-alpha
6) killed all processes that have "RIM" in them
7) uninstalled AppLoaderWebSL_126.96.36.199.msi
8) uninstalled desktop software
9) reboot PC
10) downloaded Desktop Software v7.1.0 B33 (BlackBerry - Desktop Software - US)
11) installed above
12) installed AppLoaderWebSL_188.8.131.52.msi
13) ran desktop manager
14) rebooted dev-alpha (at this point, the "smartphone should install")
15) reboot dev-alpha again and desktop manager should prompt you that it can't connect - click "repair"
16) *SUPER IMPORTANT* press and hold power button again until you see red LED and voila ... it recognizes the device and sees an update!
Sorry the above points i got from another post in the forum.
09-26-2012 10:51 AM
For me also it stuck in 25% for 2 hours. After that certainly it completed 50%. But again now it is stuck in the middle. What i should do?? Can i unplug and try again??/
09-26-2012 10:58 AM
Do not use the desktop software.
after installing the app loader
make sure that desktop software is not running then run the wipereload.bat file that came with the app loader download
09-26-2012 11:23 AM
09-26-2012 11:31 AM
I think i am having something similar to JeffLemon -
What I did:
Make sure DesktopManager is not running
Plug devalpha to PC
Run AppLoader as instructed in previous posts
PIN drop down is empty, cannot proceed
I think the problem is somehow the driver is missing. So i tried the suggestion is this post:
But nothing works.
Any developer has solved this before please share
09-26-2012 11:43 AM
The biggest problem comes from RIM's app's error code management system. It leaves users with no idea of what is going on.
RIM's beta servers are seriously overloaded and thus updates are failing left and right. Updating a PlayBook is taking hours instead of minutes atm.
All people have to do is to use the batch file to wipe and load the OS. It doesn't matter is the USB port or the pin is unknown, you just have to try and try again, until it works. Stay away from the DM until your device has succesfully rebooted into the new OS.
09-26-2012 12:11 PM
interfasys are you sure? My device is bricked, i get an error message everytime i try the official method you describe 'An error has occurred while updating your device's software.' , i also get the same error message if i try to repair in DM. Any help would be appreciated.