Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
greenback
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32

Put yourself in the shoes of the other person. 

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."

Haters be hating.

Contributor
ksoroch
My Device: Blackberry Torch

I am sure every developer gets it. It is just that RIM is as a point where everything is under a microscope. If this happened a year ago it would be no big deal but with the constant articles on how developers are fleeing, software is of poor quality and promises of amazing things, this looks bad. I am not worried about mistakes I am worried about the damage it does to the image of a company I have repsect for and hope can pull it out.

New Developer
brandonnesbitt
My Device: 9800

@peter9477 I agree with you. Great reply too. I've done development on other platforms and have experienced similar issues, even Apple has been known to relase updates and then all of sudden you can't downlaod. Finally after 12 or more hours the network team fIxed the issue and now the updates are working.

Heck even other platforms have relaesed bad code at the time its released to the general public.
Please click the "kudos" in my post if I was able to help you on this issue.
Please mark thread as resolved if I was able to fix the issue!!
Contributor
nikog21
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry Dev Alpha

i got into developing because of adam stanley and patrick mollins after a lengthy interview with both of them.  I received a dev alpha not because i am a dev but because i am media/press.  I was shown how to and i said why not , this looks easy and seem like fun.  As press how can i report on this with a positive spin?  i m sure most of you also develop for other platforms as well and you know first hand this would never happen.  Your money i tied into this.  But i am sorry if i sound bitchy wait till the media who absolutely HATES RIM gets a hold of this . The people who are supposed to bring you BB10 cant get a simple update out. I am sorry rim should ve had a solution for this already

Contributor
PFCSystems
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha

[ Edited ]

Silly question---there is no "about" window/panel on the Desktop Software I have--a file indicates it is 7.0.x...where do I get the 7.1.0.32---the blackberry site seems to have everything but that version. Thanks.

Uhm, Niko agree with your frustration, and in a perfect world we would have an OTA update, but sh*t happens and the world is not perfect, look at APPL and the hacked Appstore--a few weeks back.  If you are adament about writing on this, then I would not do so when you are frustrated, and I would try and write objectively noting like issues with ANDROID and APPL in the past.

Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

@PFCSystems you can get it here https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

PFCSystems, the 7.1.0.32 link is at the top of this post: https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
nikog21
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry Dev Alpha

Contributor
PFCSystems
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha

[ Edited ]

@ peter9477 @PhilipK Thanks to both of you--gonna try the update this eve and report how it goes.

does the Device manager need to be updated? I have 6.0.0.47

Developer
br14
My Device: Not Specified

peter9477 wrote:
... sometimes, I admit -- are slightly less than perfect.

I find that hard to believe :smileywink:

Maybe we should start the 30+ years developers group. 

The problem likely has very little to do with the BB10 developers, and everything to do with the poor sods who have to write the boring stuff like Desktop Manager software and it's associated backend services.

I have a vision of someone hand coding white listed PINs into a text file.

And we've been waiting a year for this update (for me Invoke is the first real sign BB10 might be as useful as BBOS), a day or two more isn't going to hurt.

We've come a very long way from paying for editing software, paying for keys, paying for devices etc. It is the age of the developer.