Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32

ksoroch wrote:

tried everything here still no update available. not new to this but this may be the worst Ihave seen. The reg keys are still not there to delete or getting replaced  after two uninstall reinstall killing processes, reboots, etc. Glad it is working for those it is. I will wait for this to get more stable before boing back to developing for it

Are you on Win7 64?? Jerome posted the different key path for that setup where the registry entries are located a page or two back in this thread.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Retired
My Device: Torch

Ksoroch,

If you are still having issues and the keys are not there, you may be having a different issue and will require further troubleshooting. Our support staff can assist. They can be reached via

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalpha/

Send me the ticket and I can help track
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks. I will consider a ticket in the AM but I am not sure I will continue with development. I am development leader in a large corporation that wants to get rid of BB. I have been piushing us to stay on the platform but based on the difficulties we have had with this program I am not sure I can endorse it, since I am the only remaining advocate it is my name on the line.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook

Hey, deleting the two registry keys worked! I'm in the process of updating now.

I hope it doesn't take too long. I have to go to sleep soon. lol 

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

I guess I should have waited a bit longer for the EXACT registry keys. 

I simply blew away all the pieces to the previous DM install.  Including all RIM registry entries.  And after the installation completed, my device was able to see the update and updated as normal.  Everything is now upgraded as expected.

@Tim, thanks for sticking to it.  Now go home and get some sleep.

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook / Dev Alpha
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Loomist wrote:

AwesomeDev wrote:

OK, this is really weird. I'm on DM 7.1 Windows 7, Dev Alpha 10.0.4.188. I updated it earlier this evening (39 modules), and it said successful, but it was stuck in the reboot screen for two hours. I reconnected it to the computer, and now it's updating (only 2 modules) and it has suddenly booted up. The software version now says 10.0.4.188, but I have two new icons: AIR Browser and AIR Camera. The mystery continues!

I had the same issue with 10.0.4.197. Got the update after my lengthy instructions on Page 11 and it didn't finish booting up... just was in the boot-up stage for about 40 minutes before I held the power key down and turned it off.  Did this cycle several times and finally once connecting to DM, it came up, but still showed the old version even though it gave me the new icons (AIR and Appworld).  I then attempted to restart the Dev Alpha and it didn't boot up.  So, now I have it connected to my Mac and it is apparently repairing it.  We'll see how that goes.

Unbricking it on the Mac fixed it!  I now have the correct OS version (10.0.6.386) and only one version of the Browser and Camera and Appworld works now.  Now I just need to get my app on the market. Smiley Happy

:wq!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

For those who deleted the registry keys and still can't install, consider trying the debrick (in the troubleshooting section of the original post, if you don't know how).

Also if it's not working for someone, consider whether you have a bunch of the PB system apps installed. Many people tried that, and at the moment some of those in the IRC channel who still can't see an update happen to be those who had many such packages installed.

The logs show that the DM program reports all installed packages (name only) to the server (presumably as part of the incremental update support?). It may be possible that having certain items listed there makes the server reject the request and say there are no bundles available to be installed.

If you're troubleshooting, you can look in c:\users\yourusername\AppData\local\temp\Loader-(yyyy-mm-dd)-nnn.log (the highest nnn is the latest) and look for the string "No bundles returned by the server.". It should say "Bundle available. Version: 10.0.6.386" there instead. Tim, any theory on why some will see an empty update, possibly based on what packages they have installed?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

Also, if none of these things work and you still have the sim card in, remove it.

Mac or PC.

Instructions

To safely remove your sim car, insert a pin or a paperclip (I used a tiny paperclip), all the way into the small pinhole to the left (just under the 16GB imprint) until it pops out slightly then remove the tray with a fingernail or the same paperclip then reboot.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Retired
My Device: Torch

Appreciate you fighting the good fight ksoroch (and all others). We know its been a bumpy and have a number of projects in flight to continually improve the dev experience. Dev alpha's are a great example of that. It was the first time ever (at least in my 12 years here) that we seeding developers with a pre-release device. We now have a massive number of internal dev focused champions like Tim that are focused on driving change for devs and are well positioned to see that change get implemented.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I finally got mine installing.

Basically I had to do the "debrick method" - it seems it wasn't allowing me to update (as the log file says) it coudlnt' find the update because it would send a list of the installed apps i had and it would fail.

The only way was to reboot the dev alpha and QUICKLY click on "update" in the DM 7.1. It worked right after that.