Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
gord888
My Device: Not Specified

Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32

gstephane wrote:

Hi,

I have trying to update my BB10 Dev Alpha. After installation, device don't want to boot. Same as other people, i see moving lights long long long time.

I have trying a repair option. After installation, my device don't boot and i have the led blinking 10111111.

Super update :smileysurprised:(

Had this issue... here's what i did.

1) turn off the dev alpha device

2) open up the BB DM

3) plug the device into your laptop and turn it on

4) eventually DM will complain that it cannot connect to the device and ask if you want to update - say yes.  Then click "repair"

5) watch the install go by happily downloading the modules and installing them - DM will eventually say it was successfully updated.

6) your dev alpha will reboot if it actually updated successfully and you'll see the OOBE setup... if it doesn't... leave it plugged in and repeat from step 1.

^ i did that 4 or 5 times before it worked. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PFCSystems
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

[ Edited ]

OK...so now I am really annoyed, after finally getting the latest OS update for Dev Alpha ie version 10.0.6.386 to work (last Thursday evening), and having it work with the fractured windowing and lack of support for the native PB mail client that worked under 10.0.4.197,  I did a hard reboot--one of a few since Thursday, and the OS version indicates that it has reverted back to 10.0.4.197.  What the heck?  Has anyone else seen this?  I am leaving it at his older OS as the Android run time player does not lead to fractured windows or a "black" window that covers the desktop, and the playbook native mail client works.   I am too worn out with BB for now......I don't get what just happened?  Any explanations? Definiton of hard reboot: held the on/off and raise volume buttons together for greater than  8 sec.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

Keep in mind RIM never inteded for PB mail client to be included in the current state of the DevAlpha or they would have had it preloaded. Maybe they are making changes to the mail client that require the code to be changed thus ... it no longer works ... for now. I bet when they do include the mail client it won't be an exact copy of the PB mail client.

gstephane
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Thanks.

After many plug/unplug, the device is now updated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PFCSystems

[ Edited ]

@PhilipK_ca  What do you make of the software reversion?  That makes no sense to me--but yet now the PB mail client works and the "About"  window in "settings" lists the software as  the original version 10.0.4.197 when it had listed it as the updated version after I updated.  Do you think it might be related to having the system mail client from the PB?  Interestingly, I still have the AIr Camera and Broswer "apps" and also the regular native Camera and Broswer functions; the camera options and air broswer were not part of the original software version--so I really don't know what happened, after the last hard reboot.  Any ideas?   I know I had 10.0.6.386 as I documented the update and sent screen captures to Tim.Thanks!

@PFCSystemsInc @FernCommodari www.pfcsystems.net

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk

@PFCSystems The reversion is weird not sure how that would happen.

What I ment about the PB mail client is that maybe some underlying changes within the DevAlpha have caused it to stop working because they are getting ready to release the new BB10 version of the mail client. I know that the voice commands can interact with the PB Contact app.

Is it possible that the way the DevAlpha will interact with the mail client has changed in order to make way for not only the voice commands but also other new features? So then when you open Mail the device confirms that its the official Mail Client but is looking for something(new features of unreleased mail app), which when not found have caused it to crash.

Philipk

@PFCSystems I'm trying to reinstall(had to reformat my device today after it wouldn't turn on and was only doing the blinking red light) the mail app but I can't even connect to my device.

Getting "./blackberry-deploy -installApp -device 169.254.0.1 -package /Users/philipkirkbride/myapp/device/myapp.bar -password 1" in the terminal. Will have to try again tomorrow.
PFCSystems

[ Edited ]

@PhilipK_Ca I agree with what you say about he native mail client that they have made changes; that does not give me much confidence that any app that I develop for the PB will work on the BB10 platform--they should never have made that kind of statement---I  guess the Froydo Android run time apps should all work.  Uhm, sounds like you are in worst shape with your Dev Alpha.  You reformatted it on the PC as an external device wipe? If so, how will you reformatt it with the BB10 OS if the DM software is designed to work with the PB/BB10 OS? I don't think it will give you an option to reformatt it with the BB OS--it won't know what to do. Not sure.  Keep us posted. Good luck with it! 

Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

[ Edited ]

I can't update my DEV Alpha too.

Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32 , bb1- dev alpha driver.

Software on Dev alpha 10.0.4 bundle 197

Search in registry for problem keys, none found.

Machine is Windows XP, tried on another XP machine, with no success. Tried reboot numerous times, debrick methods, none successful.

Always getting "No updates found"

I did security wipe on device while ago, and lost camera app.

No SIM card in device.

Trying from Slovenia.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

When I attempt to upgrade through the desktop manager, everything starts out ok. The update is seen as being avaliable. It downloads 39/39 modules, and installs them. Then instead of rebooting the device, it tell me that the upgrade has been successful. Although it clearly has not been successful, and is still running the 10.0.4 OS. I tried manually rebooting the phone, but that didn't help.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.