Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
lietorob
My Device: Bold 9930, Dev Alpha, PlayBook 32 gb
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32

I was able to successfully update and everything was running fine until i received an error on the dev alpha saying i was running out of storage and no apps would open without closing right away. So i went for a reboot and have since been on the BB10 Dev Alpha splash screen (without the colors in background). I've attempted the repair about 10+ times now on 2 different computers and get the same error every time:

"There was an error updating your software. A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Aplication Loader Wizard again."

Before you ask, I've used 2 different USB cables and tried multiple USB ports on the 2 different computers i've attempted to repair the DevA on. Same error each time. 

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PFCSystems
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

After my device reverted to Beta1, this morning it would not start up--had the flashing red LED.  I could not get it to boot.  I reloaded Beta 2 after the original OS was wiped; I had to go though the device set-up again.  I now see ONLY the air browser and air camera whereas, after updating to Beta 2 from Beta 1,  I had both the native and air versions of the browser and camera.  What should be the norm ---both air ad native versions?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Philipk
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook

@PFCSystems I've never had both versions at once. Just the AIR versions for me.
PFCSystems
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha

[ Edited ]

People here will find this useful:
Re: Dev Alpha 10.0.6.368 Bug Reports
Options
11 minutes ago

The R6 beta release for the Dev Alpha has only the AIR Browser and AIR Camera apps (plus App World). If you ever saw the non-AIR ones, that's because you did only a basic "update" in the first place, and not the debrick/repair. Now that you've apparently done a debrick, you'll see only the AIR ones.

As for the flashing LED, did you leave it plugged in so the battery didn't drain, or was it unplugged and possibly discharged too far to boot. It's strongly recommended to leave the Alpha plugged in ALL THE TIME except when actively using it, to avoid battery damage.
Peter Hansen -- (PlayBook and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru | Get more from your battery! Power, voltage, life.

Re: Dev Alpha 10.0.6.368 Bug Reports
Options
52 seconds ago

@Peter9477 It was plugged in; now we have a sure marker of a real "update" only the AIR camera and browser apps plus setup and appworld should be there, and any sideloaded apps will get wiped. I guess I had a "fractured" update. How should one do a debrick/ repair, in the first place---selecting the "REPAIR" option after a security wipe from DM?--yes I believe so..@PFCSystemsInc

Please use plain text.
New Developer
brandonnesbitt
My Device: 9800

@PFCSystemsInc The only way I was able to get my Alpha device to recover from the blinking cursor was to leave the device unplugged from power and the usb overnight so that the battery drained completely. Once drained I then was able to hook up the alpha device to laptop, open DM, click update, install udpate and after 20 or so minutes the udpate finished. I found this suggestion on a thread somewhere here but can't remember where.
Please click the "kudos" in my post if I was able to help you on this issue.
Please mark thread as resolved if I was able to fix the issue!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lietorob
My Device: Bold 9930, Dev Alpha, PlayBook 32 gb

still having the same USB issue. Waited a day for the battery to completely drain and just attempted to Repair but got the same error. Nothing seems to work - any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

lietorob wrote:

still having the same USB issue. Waited a day for the battery to completely drain and just attempted to Repair but got the same error. Nothing seems to work - any ideas?

I recommend contacting the email under the Support section here.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
geHuC
My Device: Not Specified

Ok finally debricked my dev alpha to run into another problem :/ in the set up wizzard when i reach the warranty agreement, the drop down menu for country is empty and i get "unable to display the Blackberry ID Agreement" . So i cannot select i agree and there is no way to continiue :X

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

That happened to me once on the PlayBook. I had to re-reinstall the OS.
Please use plain text.
Developer
positive6900
My Device: bb10 dev alpha
My Carrier: airtel

hi friends

mine is working fine now .

wait for 5 minutes you will get a pop that thier is an update available,if this not happens connect your device ,click on device properties and search for updates thier it will show the update available.

thankyou.

Please use plain text.