Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
INTELLECTG
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Mascom

Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32

[ Edited ]

Am already frustrated its now day 6 and now the desktop manager says there arent any updates available.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
INTELLECTG

why cant we have the updates as a downloadable file so we can update offline?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ben1107
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

restart your device whilst connected to the computer and when that retry/update window pops up select update then another comes out and select repair, If your device has a password you will be prompted and the update will resume

Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

Internet in South Africa is slow so it takes hours and still gets stuck at 35 of 39 so I'm waiting for an official response, before I waste more time.  This thread is not solved and the problem remains.

A ONE file download for offline install would work much better since the modules would be packaged into one.  The desktop manager has a fault when downloading the modules.  I hope BB is working this out.

I have a dev alpha, using windows 7 x64 with desktop manager updated.  I have never inserted a micro sim card BUT everything points to the download and not device.  It stops with an internet connection lost message but my internet is stable.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
ben1107
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

this is interesting. I was at the Cape Town event last week. well having same problem as well. at least got the SDK's on flash
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Please use plain text.
Contributor
INTELLECTG

[ Edited ]

Well it seems we have the same issues guys cos i was also at Cape Town...mine is now showing the update is available but when i update its gives no update message! I now give up

Please use plain text.
Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

So everybody in Southern Africa who went to Cape Town Jam cannot update their dev aplha.  Desktop manager bombing out just before last 3 modules...  Wonder if its not linked to the CDN BB might be using to download the updates from...

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
INTELLECTG

well if thats the case then its not cool

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

Same here in Germany. The download stops with an error message after 36 modules are loaded. Message says that i should check internet connection. But connection is OK. It took about 25 minutes for the first 34 modules, then 15 minutes for module  35. The error comes when 36 modules are loaded. Tried it 5 times today.

And now?

EDIT:

The DEBRICK SOLUTION finaly solved my problem: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Updating-to-10-0-6-always-fails-at-Mod...

Please use plain text.
Developer
HuXu77
My Device: Playbook 16GB and Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

This isn't an issue of updating but more of after I updated and installed an app I was working on before the update.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create an app on the previous version of the OS

2) Update the phone (which erases everything from the phone)

3) Phone is successfully updated and you can get to home screen

4) Using the beta 2 native SDK, take your previously made app and add it to the IDE

5) Verify there are no errors with references/linking, and attempt to run it on the device

6) When you try to run it you receive a "ldd:FATAL: Could not load library libbb.so.0" error

7) Close the IDE, try again and get an error about the IDE not being able to attach to the PID

8) Reboot the device, and never see the home screen ever again, just the start up animation until the battery dies

I have tried repairing 10+ times, every time it says I still have some of the update left to install, it downloads two modules but says there was an error trying to update the device.  The device appears to get to a point that the home screen would appear because Desktop Manager connects to it and I can access the local storage, but when I check for an update it says my device is up to date.  So its only when I try to repair it does it say that I am missing something.

Some interesting information that might be useful is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WoW6432Node/Research In Motion/ does not have those bad update strings, but it does say Version = 7.1.0.22

Don't know if that could cause the issue.

Also when I check the cache for where the modules are downloaded I see these:

qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.desktop.BB10_0_06.386.255944.signed.bar (5MB)

qcfm.image.com.qnx.qcfm.radio.m5730.BB10_0_06.385.255944.signed.bar (13MB)

Judging by the first one it seems like the portion of the OS connected to the SDK might be corrupt.  I have tried removing these files and attempting the repair again, but it doesnt even act like it downloads them again, it just fails and the files show up again so I am assuming they might be cached else where too?

People have suggested to retry up to 5 times and it will work but thats for the update, I was updated just fine, it was when I tried to deploy my app I developed under beta 1 from beta 2 that I got errors and has now rendered the phone unusable.

I have tried deploying the app but it fails to connect, even though I can connect with Desktop Manager and access the local storage.

Any ideas?

Edit: according to this post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Dev-Alpha-10-0-6-368-Bug-Reports/td-p/...

A post on that page by 

Fitbit for BlackBerry PlayBook
Please use plain text.