Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
ben1107
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32

It will work, just be patient. which level is it failing? I have been having problems but after some research and findings i found a way and did the update. The solutions I provided in an earlier post are the ones i posted. try to unistall your Desktop Softwaree, clean the registry and start again.

Let us remember it is a Alpha device whilst at the same time the Desktop Software is in beta mode. Errors do occur.

Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
New Developer
arjunhemrajani
My Device: Dev Alpha , Curev 9300

Okay everyone i have found the solution for the 1/6 red blinking.

Step 1: Stack charge for 30 times.

Step 2: While the charger plugged in push power button for 10 secs and keep repeating for 10 times.

Step 3: Attach the device to the computer start the desktop manager bundle 33 and choose the repair option.

**Note: It took me 3 days to figure this way out,the problem is that the os thinks the battery is dead/corrupt 

New Contributor
gabmontes
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

Guys, I was update my Dev Alpha to 10.0.6.545 up from 10.0.4 using a clean install of Desktop Software 7.1.0.32. Plug device, restart, repair, update, wait, done!

The issue is that am trying now to update a second Dev Alpha from a team mate which is still 10.0.6.386. This is what happens:

- Open DM.

- Connect the device and restart it. Windows rings the usual USB plug/unplug sounds.

- On restart DM says the usual Retry and Repair options and keeps waiting the device finish booting up.

- After a while, the device finishes booting up and later, DM says it could not connect.

Other symptoms:

- The device freezes showing a "Installing Drivers" banner (as the shown when USB-connected but other title).

- Windows Device Manager does not show any BlackBerry device connected.

- BlackBerry Device Manager does not show any device connected.

- DM says "unknown device".

I will do a full uninstall and clean install of DM, including all drivers and then try again.

Did anyone experienced the same issue? Any clues?

Thanks!!!

New Developer
joeazhou1
My Device: BB 10 DevAlpha

Meet the same situation.

Developer
The_Anomaly
My Device: Dev Alpha / Playbook / Curve 9300

I had similar troubles.  Also on 10.0.6.  I basically did the following...

1.  Removed desktop man with revo uninstaller

2.  Removed all other BB desktop related software and drivers - said yes to settings too.

3.  Downloaded fresh desktop bundle.

4.  Installed  BB D

5.  Plugged in phone for detection and did the whole setup for the phone.

6.  Did the restart / debrick method and said yes to the repair prompts.

I did however have to do this a few times before it worked.  Try also turning off the device (before attempting the debrick method) and starting it up fresh before connecting to BB D.  

Another thing, if you've been developing on the device TURN OFF the password protection and development modes before doing the update, I think it interferes.

If it helped you, click like. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
gabmontes
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha

All, my connection problem was solved changing "USB Connections" from "Automatically Detect" to "Connect to Windows" in "Storage & Sharing" options. Now I have both devices on 10.0.6.545!

Hope this helps!

Developer
The_Anomaly

Well done, that does help.

I never had to change mine for some reason.  All good to know.

darbyyung
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha

I ran the security wipe and forgot to backup apps (camera app is missing herafter).

It looks like clean everything inside. With the camera apps is gone, development mode trun on but cannot install new apps. 169.254.0.1 no longer response to ping.

Try to obtain new desktop software, with the USB cable, it does not hook up to the device.

I do not see the mass storage device as drive E: on my windows explorer. I am windows & professional service pack 1.

BB10 Device Alpha was on 10.0.4.188 and was running fine in development mode before security wipe.

When connected by USB the BB10 dioes just to INstalling Drivers screen and stays there. Do I need a long long wait time before device connects.

I need to final test my app before publishing it. I need some help please. Thanks.

Darby

Developer
The_Anomaly

Not being horrible but I think this is the wrong thread for this.

What I mean is you have problems which relate to other threads, for eg. try this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Blackberry-10-Dev-Alpha-driver-install...

It will get your dev alpha working on windows again.  From there try an update.

Also: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/BlackBerry-Dev-Alpha-10-browser-app-di...

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
Nescafemix
My Device: BLACKBERRY 10 DEV ALPHA

I tried to update in Windows 7 64 bits. The update showed the final message (without problems), but the blackberry 10 dev alpha hadn't changed the version. I tried several times with same final, until it kept stuck in Blackberry10 Dev Alpha logo (without animation).

I tried to wipe it, and the process finish with the download and installations of 2 packages, but, it kept stuck in the restart of mobile. I repeated the same process several times, same final...

Now, my Blackberry 10 dev alpha is stuck in logo... and i think that it doesn't charge, because if i disconnect from wall or pc, the mobile shut down.

If i restart the terminal with volume up + volume down + power = reboot and and stuck in logo...

Can someone help me? RIM gave me a cute brick...