08-26-2012 08:21 AM
08-26-2012 08:33 AM
08-26-2012 09:04 AM
08-26-2012 09:06 AM
My dev alpha does not charge using the playbook charger. It has to be USB or original part (which is some weird charger from another country).
08-26-2012 03:34 PM
08-27-2012 02:11 AM
Well it sounds like thats possibly your problem. Your dev alpha is not charging!
The other comments are correct you have to get the sequence right. You cannot turn on while not plugged in. You also need to read up about the lights - there's another thread about this. Different colored LED light flashes on the top of the phone will tell you whats wrong. There's Green, amber and red combinations.
Maybe your dev Alphas battery is a dud.
08-27-2012 05:32 AM
My blackberry 10 dev alpha is not charging.
When i connect to wall or USB, a red led turns on about 3-5 seconds and then turns off. 2-3 seconds later, the blackberry 10 dev alpha log appears and... that's all... BRICK.
This situations comes with the update and restore...
Blackberry... what can we do?...
08-28-2012 10:09 AM
08-29-2012 03:44 PM
Just chip in what I observed from my new Alpha device as I picked up from Vancouver Jam yesterday.
- Installed fresh BBM (Mac ver 2.4 Build 16) on my MacBook.
- Connected device (running 10.0.4 Bundle 197). BBM shows no new update.
- Restarted device with USB connected. Ignore BBM prompt for lost connection by clicking 'cancel'.
- Waited till it booted up and BBM detected the device again and the screen shows new update available. Click "Update" to update latest OS
- Waited till the update is done. The device would restart by itself.
- Now this is the part become weary. The device seemed to hang in the BB bootup screen forever. The background did move a bit to ensure it wasn't hanged. Wait like ten minutes and the device would finally start up properly.
- BBM would detect the device but it still showed the old software version.
- Unplugged USB and reconnected device again. This time, BBM would show the correct new version.
On a side note, I couldn't fit the SIM tray into the SIM slot. Apparently, the SIM slot was blocked as I peeked inside it has a piece of dummy card glued. Anyone has any idea since the instructions say I can insert a SIM card...