Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Trusted Contributor
chamarts
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: AIRTEL

Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) - 7.1.0.32

I received mail from support. they asked me to try these steps and this did the trick. my device is charging now... 

Can you complete the following steps: (this should trick the Desktop Software into reloading the OS without waiting for it to boot up)

1. Start up Desktop Software
2. Ensure device is turned off, then turn it on
3. immediately connect it to the Desktop Software

This should cause the Desktop Software to prompt to repair the device by reloading the OS. 

thx

srinivas

Please use plain text.
Developer
JChow
My Device: Not Specified

My experience:

1. update DM to BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1.0.32 Bundle 33 (Windows)  - successful

2. charge up Dev Alpha (10.0.4.188 , no sim ) and plug to PC .  detect there is OS upgrade available

3. backup my device and start upgrade ( to 10.0.6.xxx), download and install - successful 

4. told i can disconnect the device, the device reboots and give me the DevAlpha splash screen.

5. wait

6. wait 

7. wait ( for another 2 hours ...)

8. still the same screen.. Feel like it is stuck. 

9. need to unplug it , then notice after a while the phone cannot start up ( probably due to battery drain )

10. plug to wall again. this time it will boot up. But when check the OS version it remains 10.0.4.188

Tried it on two different (Win) machines. same result. 

I feel like the device never get past the splash screen, so the installation never completes. 

Once the battery is drained the device starts up with the old OS.

so the question is "why the device doesn't reboot properly after upgrade?"

i do have some other 3rd party app installed ,  i didn't perform a wipe before upgrade - however i don't think it is necessary(?)

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bigmokujin
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

I had a very similar experience.  And actually my DevAlpha got into a state where it was unusable.  I followed numerous debricking workarounds to no avail.  In fact, after 3rd or 4th 'REPAIR' action I received a message that the device was wiped clean and that I would have to complete the device setup.  At that point I was home free, but still was stuck at the splashscreen.  The interesting part was that now when trying to utilize the repair option, DM would stop with an error that I had not completed the device setup screens.  Talk about a catch-22.

However, after like 5+ reboots of the device and a long coffee break I came back to my desk to find my phone waiting at the intial setup screen.  After walking through the setup the device has been upgraded to 10.0.6.671.

Perhaps, someone from RIM could provide some additional insight into what is happening with the upgrade process.  Cause in it's current condition it is very bad experience.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kanaksony
My Device: BB 10 Dev Alpha

Hi,

I am trying to update my Device software to get rid of Issue : BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha Reports Program Has Ended

Workaround:

1. Tried to update my Device OS : https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalphas/update.
  2. BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1.0.32 Bundle 33 (Windows) .
  3. Connected my BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device.
  4. Entered password in Dialog propmt.
  5. A dialog appeared - "Updated software version 10.0.6 Bundle 671 (Platform 10.0.6.671) is available".
  6. Clicked - Get Update, Install Update.
  7. It took about 2 hours to process, Progress was shwoing "Downloaded modules 2 of 2".
  8. It freezed for about 1 hour in this state, afterwards, it completed with an error, and the process terminated.
  9. Devices gets started. I checked my OS Version. Its same i.e. 10.0.6.545.
  10. Again trying to update.
  11. This time progress is showing Downloaded Modules 2 of 4.

Will update once it comes to the end.

Regards,
Kanak Sony
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dodevelopnshare.wordpress.com/ | http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=188131481&trk=tab_pro
Please use plain text.
Developer
arindamhit
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Airtel

For me, when i am starting the phone, it is displaying in the screen "BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha". After that it is not moving to the next screen at all..  I am not getting what i have to do???

Please use plain text.
Developer
arindamhit

Now i tried with the below steps:

1. I started the Desktop manager
  2. Then i plugged in the alpha device. And started the device..
  3. After sometime, my DM, recognized the device although the device is showing "Blackberry 10 Alpha Deivce"
  4. I pressed the repair botton..
  5. after 1-2 minutes, it prompted with the below pop up:

alphasnap.png

I don't know what i can do after this?? Really frustrated with this Alpha Device..

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

I can't see the image. Can you describe popup?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Developer
arindamhit

The pop up says:

A Connection to the Device could not be established. Please ensure that the deviceis properly connected to the cradle or USB cable and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely with your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again.

Please use plain text.
Developer
arindamhit

@gabmontes  Did you find out any solution???

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

WHile searching for updates, can you connected to USB restart BB10 (hold down power button for 15+ seconds).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.