If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
acolagrosso
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Do not wipe Dev Alpha Update 10.0.9 Bundle 44

Still not working! I really wanted to play around with this!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

acolagrosso wrote:

Still not working! I really wanted to play around with this!

Continuously stating "not working" really does nothing at all to help those who are trying to help you. Nothing.

If you could state where the error is, what part worked or didn't work, you followed "this" advice, deleted "that", something additional.. otherwise, it's a guessing game.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
hrbuckley
My Device: LE Z10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Hey JSanders, et al

Here is my experience so far:

Had my Dev Alpha connected to DTM when I got home and started it. It said there was an update so I tried to install. It download a number of modules (at least 54 of 57 but not sure that it got to 57), didn't re-boot wasn't succesful.

Went looking for help, found the first procedure. Followed those instructions. That didn't work. Kept looking, found the updated set of instructions. That got it started. Progressed quickly through connecting to boot loader, uploading new memory image and then "Downloaded modules 0 of 2" untill the progress bar is at about 25%. It has been frozen there for about 30 min. So I'm just letting it sit there but would welcome any help as to how long this should take, and what to do if it doesn't move on after whatever is a reasonable time.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
footose
My Device: Not Specified

I installed without issue using the MSI.

After which, I entered the wrong BBID, so I did a secuirty wipe.

now all i see is this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3rEPPxCYAAaVmj.jpg

Nothing else works.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
YMaximus
My Device: BB Alpha
My Carrier: none

I have same problem.

After reset password in BB working only browser, any other functions is not work (calling, camera, settings). If press on icon - not any reactions.

If connect device to computer, system install some drivers, but device not recognize by AppLoader (in "PIN" dialog).

In first step, i try update on Win7 x64 w. installed DM, in last step i install updater on clean Win XP w.o. DM - no changes.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
YMaximus
My Device: BB Alpha
My Carrier: none

UPD:

if BB is booting, sometimes (1-2 sec.) you can see selection in "PIN" dialog - immediately press the OK. Device continue booting and AppLoader waiting. After boot, restart device again, and when second boot stage AppLoader start normal process.

Please use plain text.
Developer
footose

So it looks like Windows is "installing" the BB DEV  alpha as a RIM PlayBook CD USB Drive, a USB Mass Store Drive and something called "OXQ 2V0X6R41 SCSI CdRom Device."

I try uninstalling these by going into device manager, but as soon as I plug it back in, WIndows installs it again.

If I uninstall the USB Drivers, then Uninstall the AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34.msi, then reinstall, the system trys to install as a "BlackBerry Smartphone" (probably wont step closer), then fails and installs as the CdRom Device again.

I'm going to try uninstalling the USB drivers, the AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34.msi software, rebooting, reinstalling AppLoaderWebSL_7.1.0.34.msi and then plugging the phone in.

I'll let ya know how it goes in a minute or 5.

Please use plain text.
Developer
footose

[ Edited ]

Looks like no success.

Might have something to do with the phone.

After trying the above, this is what I get.

http://i.imgur.com/8wmlj.png

I'm going to try it on another computer that I haven't installed any of this on - if it works - then its the computer - if it doesn't, then its the device, and its kinda boned at that point until RIM comments.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshalbid271
My Device: Newb Playbook Developer
My Carrier: -

Apparently there is some problem with short passwords. My password was 'p' and my dev alpha wouldnt unlock after successful update, so i had to wipe the device. At least one more person on crackberry forums had to wipe because of the same reason, his password was three characters long.

Please use plain text.
Developer
footose

I think its unrelated to this problem.

Please use plain text.