Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid password - even when password is correct

[ Edited ]

Hi Developers,

I have built a gamepad app in Unity. I can build my app in development mode just fine, but whenever I try to build a signed version, I get this error three times:

"Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid password"

I'm positive the password is correct because I can still sign and build valid air apps.

Can someone please offer some help?

Thank you! 

New Contributor

Re: Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid password - even when password is correct

And if a fix isn't possible, can I ask a friend who did get it to work to sign it for me and to give me the bar to upload to the app world?
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error: Failed to decrypt keystore, invalid password - even when password is correct

I recommend against having someone else sign your application.  It could cause issues in the future if you are unable to sign with the same key.  That scenario is described here:  Error "File bundle (your_name) has been rejected." When Uploading BAR File to BlackBerry® World™

There are 3 places you can configure a password, in your Developer Certificate (author.p12), signing key and key used to create debug tokens.  If you install them all at the same time the same password would be configured for each.  But it is possible to install them individually where you could use a different password (not recommended).  It sounds like this happened in your case.

If you haven't signed any application yet, I suggest deleting your existing keys and configuring a new set.  The backup and restore article shows what files you need to delete to start over (remove the ones it says to back up).  Then start fresh.

Backup and Restore BlackBerry Code Signing Keys

Key Order Form

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor

Thank you for your response!

I asked for new keys and they worked the second time around.