Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
harshalbid271
My Device: Newb Playbook Developer

Error installing DEVALPHA update

After fetching the update, the installation begins and in the middle of updating a module with "'..coreos.winchester..." in its name, an error pops up on the devalpha screen saying the USB cable was disconnected, even though the device wasn't touched. Apparently this has happened twice. I've spent over 1.4GB trying to update the device without success. What should I do? And is there any way I could try again without downloading again because bandwidth is pretty expensive here :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshalbid271

Re: Error installing DEVALPHA update

UPDATE: i did find the update files locally, they're located at C:\Users\Harshal\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\Application Loader\Cache

I'd really appreciate it if someone could show me how i could reuse these files. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
harshalbid271

Re: Error installing DEVALPHA update

Also, I should mention that when downloading the 38th or 37th module (I can't remember which): qcfm.image.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.BB10_0_06.386.255944.signed, both the time the internet connection dropped automatically, and the download then moved to the next module. Now I can't tell if the modules were properly downloaded and then the connection dropped, or the next download began because the connection was dropped, but it does look like this module's proper download is related to the problem.

Please use plain text.