Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
lapis
My Device: B10
My Carrier: 015774815698
Accepted Solution

Error loading application package: Permission denied

Hi,

I'm developing on the blackberry 10 dev alpha and two days ago during the app deployment i started receiving this message from the QNX Momentics IDE:

'Syncing and starting the application' has encountered a problem.

Error loading application package: Permission denied

After I started getting this error I noticed I couldn't run any app i previously installed on the device, even the example apps provided didn't run anymore (clicking the icon was moving the desktop on the right for a moment as it does normally but then the application didn't run)

I tried to set development mode, change the debug token, restart the device and my pc but it didn't help. So i decided to wipe the device and today I reinstalled the os. I was able to run the application a couple of times this evening but the problem started showing up again.

The error is exaclty the same as before and it doesn't say much. What can I do to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BeroboInc
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell, Rogers

Re: Error loading application package: Permission denied

Having the same problem here. My dev alpha was updated to 10.0.9.388 and I am compiing with 10.0.9.386 sdk. Think this might be my problem.

I can run apps on the sim which looks like its 10.0.9.386 but when I try running on dev alpha I get this error.

Berobo Inc.
Police Scanner Radio / Alarm Clock lets you listen to Police scanners in your area!
http://www.berobo.com
New Contributor
lapis

I had to wipe the device 3 times already, every time i wipe it starts working again for a while but after a while it stops. The dev alpha is running 10.0.9.388 and the sdk is the 10.9.386 as Berobolnc mentioned. 

what can be causing this issue?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lapis

I had the same problem this evening, so I investigated further. I went to settings->security-> development mode and I noticed the debug token was installed but it was invalid. the expiration date line was saying "issue date invalid or in the future". I noticed the time on my phone was incorrectly set, i set it correctly and now it's working again.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BeroboInc
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell, Rogers

Think I have resolved my problems. Seems after a power off and on of the dev alpha device my problems went away.

Berobo Inc.
Police Scanner Radio / Alarm Clock lets you listen to Police scanners in your area!
http://www.berobo.com