Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Errors while trying to deploy via OTA to Bold 9650

I'm having some issues trying to get an app to download via OTA to a blackberry Bold. I have added the necessary mime types to an htaccess file which resides with the files. I have all of the sibling .cod files unpacked. The .jad file looks well and contains all of the necessary files, however when trying to download the files I receive 504 timeout errors. All the files are signed I have installed it on a Tour 9630 via BBDesktop Software and it works perfectly. I have no idea what is going on I've tried using the HTML page in the How to Deploy and Distribute Applications v1 PDF and all yield the same results. I need to solve this problem ASAP since my client has been waiting for several days now and I am unable to deliver the application.

All Replies
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Errors while trying to deploy via OTA to Bold 9650

A 504 timeout error sounds more like a connectivity issue on the web server than an issue with your application.

Have you tried placing other files on the web server and loading them in the browser?  If so, is it able to connect? 

What browser are you using, the BlackBerry Browser, Internet Browser, WAP Browser or Hotspot Browser?  You can check this setting under Options, Advanced Options, Browser.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker