Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
ignites
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Fixed (suspected) Dead DevAlpha

[ Edited ]

I restarted my Dev Alpha and it was on the loading screen for almost 30 minutes (animations were still moving but for 30 + minutes). After a while screen was off (plugged in entire time) and now it is just screen off led flashing in the following sequence "long blink" pause 6 x short blinks pause and repeat non stop for the more than two hours. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I've try Desktop Manager 7.1 but doesnt pick it up, hard-reset (hold all buttons down) and plugging in and out of power to see if thats the issue. 

Let me know thanks.

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

Re:

[ Edited ]

I manged to fixed it or I let the battery run completely dry and tried again and it revived. Not sure what happened, started out with full battery when I did my restart (now just fixed at 1%). It came up with a bunch of corrupted files when it started up but i think it is ok for now, atleast it gets passed the boot screen so thats a win!

Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
II_ARROWS
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Re:

Is this happened after you updated it?
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

yes and it happend to a few othres too who contacted me with similar issues. I am not sure if their's resolved yet either. Probably best to start a new thread if you are stuck as I've already mark this one solved and ppl usually skip over solved threads.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xiaoyuewenwu
My Device: Z10

I have the same problem too, but is it the only way to solve it? I mean i don't understand how to fix it~~~ Need you help!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ignites

its still in working order for me so far so I am not sure... once agian I wouldnt recommend it because it was a 4 hour pain session lol.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
II_ARROWS

I updated it with battery completely dry, and it worked.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
fbloise
My Device: BB10 Alpha Dev

dont know how you did it, in mine when i try to make the repair with a low battery shows a message "battery is too low, cant perform update, needs to have at least 20% battery on your phone"
Please use plain text.
Contributor
II_ARROWS

Re: Fixed (suspected) Dead DevAlpha

No, not low: dry.
Connect the Device to your PC, then open Desktop Manager. If you set a password, it will ask you to
Please use plain text.
Contributor
II_ARROWS

Re: Fixed (suspected) Dead DevAlpha

[ Edited ]

No, not low: dry.
Connect the Device to your PC, then open Desktop Manager. If you set a password, it will ask you to type it.

Then, you can force the update (from the first menu option). It may need few moments before displaying it.
Then you can reset your device. It will wipe out everything you had (I hope you still have your source code... :smileytongue: ).

It's a "standard" procedure that works for previous BB OSs too.

Please use plain text.