If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Developer
babakar
My Device: see later
My Carrier: see later

Re: How can I demo my app to client?

yes, but the thing is
i conect my device via usb..use the password of my device..then create debug token based on my device.
i dont specify any pin to create token + i cant reach the step to create debug token without connecting the device via usb
Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

I have only used the commandline tools to create debug tokens but the wizard should have the same options to enter multiple device PINs when you create a debug token.

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara

Ok, well so much for that.  I just ran the deployment wizard and it didn't let me enter additional device PINs.

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara

Ok, it's not in the deployment wizard, but you can still generate debug tokens w/multiple PINs.

Go to Window>Preferences>BlackBerry>Signing 

in the bottom section of the window are your debug tokens.  Click "Create ..."  and follow the instructions to create a debug token that is good for multiple devices PINs.

Get your client's device PIN(s) and create a debug token including those PIN(s), send it to them and have them install it on their device(s), then use that debug token to develop your test builds that you intend to send to them for install.

I don't know if they can use 3rd party sideloading tools to upload the debug token to their devices but the debug token is a .bar file so maybe they can do it that way.  If not they may need to install the SDK locally on their computers.

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara

And by the way you don't need create a separate debug token for your device PIN, unless you don't want your client to know your device PIN for some reason.  You can just include your device PIN(s) and the client's device PIN(s) all in one debug token that you then install on your test device(s) and the client's test device(s).  Then iterate on builds, testing on your own test device, and send the client whatever milestone or sample builds they need, without needing to swap out debug tokens.

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara

babakar wrote:
yes, but the thing is
i conect my device via usb..use the password of my device..then create debug token based on my device.
i dont specify any pin to create token + i cant reach the step to create debug token without connecting the device via usb

Also, under the path I mentioned, you don't need to connect your device before it will allow you to create a debug token.

Please use plain text.