Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

New Developer
JGao12345678
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

How to do not show the delete item when an application icon is selected

The menu items should be shown when an application icon is selected and the menu key is clicked. The delete item will be shown for some application and application will be deleted after the deleted item is selected. But for some application, the delete item is not shown when the application icon is selected and the menu key is clicked. We want to protect our application that can not be deleted when our application icon is selected and the menu key is clicked.

Who know how to do not show the delete item when an application icon is selected?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to do not show the delete item when an application icon is selected

Your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator can configure applications to be required.  This means the user cannot delete the application from their BlackBerry Smartphone.

To do so, have your admin create a Software Configuration Policy on your BES that marks the application as required.  The application will then be pushed from the BES and installed on your users BlackBerry Smartphones.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
JGao12345678
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Telus

Thank you for your answer.

Some applications, for example Blackberry HELP! and Facebook, the delete item is not shown when the application icon is selected and the menu key is clicked. Do you think they should be installed with the BES or not?

Can we do some setting in the jad file to set this function for the application?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Some applications that are part of the core OS can not be removed in this way (such as Help).  This doesn't apply to Facebook though.  It could have been pushed out from your BES.

There is no way to remove the delete option for a third party application other than marking it as required and pushing it out from the BES.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.