Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Testing and Deployment

Contributor
thany
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: None of anyone's business
Accepted Solution

How to go landscape on the simulator?

I can't seem to figure out how to make the simulator switch from portait to landscape (assume BB's have that option, honesty allows me to say I don't own a BB device). I've set to orientation in the controller application to "right up", which makes it rotate to landscape position, but nothing changes on the virtual screen, let alone switching the resolution.

I'm using the BB10 simulator version 10.2.1.1925 on VMware Workstation 10. What I'm trying to test, is just the web browser. The website I'm making works fine in landscape on iOS and Android, so I'm pretty sure that's not what's causing it to not work. But I'd still like to test my website on BB in landscape :smileyhappy:

Anyone knows how to?

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: How to go landscape on the simulator?

[ Edited ]

Swipe from the simulated bezel starting at the bottom right to the center.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
thany
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: None of anyone's business

Not quite. But you did push me into the right direction. The correct gestures appears to be:

Swipe on the virtual bezel from the bottom-right to the bottom-center, not touching the virtual screen.

Thanks anyway :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

Either works for me including just clicking in the bottom right, as stated in the documentation but whatever works for you.

http://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/simulator/simulator_gestures.html

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

[ Edited ]

BBSJdev wrote:

Either works for me including just clicking in the bottom right,

This appears to be broken in the 10.3.0.698 simulator. I am completely unable to switch to landscape mode, either with the bottom-right tap that works with previous simulators, or using the controller app.

UPDATE: Submitted JIRA

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.